Universal MA Cross EA - page 42

Additional MAPrice Settings

If I wanted the MAPrice setting to be "First Indicator's Price", would I enter "8" into the EA parameters? Or does this have to be programmed in?

I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out...right now the EA only goes up to 6 (Weighted Close).

Never really figured out the purpose of the MA shift...doesn't this just delay the indicator even further?

Stop loss add

Hi, I did few change:

I add the SL in the parameter setting ( so you can modify it)

and I changed the order modify parameters so the stop loss will be modified automatically based on your parameters.

I do not know how to attache the file...

Instant new order while closing previous position

Hi Guys...

I did back testing visually, i've just got idea whether we can make it instantly open new position while it close the previous position?

We loss because when the previous position close in loss condition and wait for another cross.

Thanks.

Settings and modification/option for 4 or 5 digit brokers

Does anyone have success with the EA on 5digit brokers now recently with just adding a zero to the SL TP and TS pip values? The reason for asking is that when starting the EA on FXCM and FxPro (both 5digit) with only the zero ajustment from default it does not start a trade on any of them. I just get the cross alerts. Would have been nice if the EA could have been modified with the option to use 4 or 5 digit brokers.

Regaring the magic number. Is it right that I do not need to change the magic number when using the EA on different pairs?

I was also wondering if anyone you have come to some successful settings for the different pairs one the TF you are using that you would like to share?

suggestion

I have suggestion to this EA. If you could add some more condition to this EA.

Condition :

1.MACD cross. : a. cross at below zero line : buy

b. cross at above zero line : sell

2.ADX : Should above 25 to enter any trade.

3.RSI : a: if up = enter buy

b. if down = enter sell

this all my suggestion. it based on my rutine manual trade which support more the ma crossed basis.

Thank you.

universal EA MA

This Universal MA - EA its looking great ,,,(thanks to Davefire)

but its will be more helpfull if we can monitoring our setting by plot as indicator too. has anyone have an idea to convert this EA to be indicator too.

Rgdz

SAT

i really don't understand why someone say this is a good ea... yes code is super but when you try it...it's like a blackhole

Need help to review EA

Can any expert help me review this EA. I track back the visual display chart and noticed that at the beginning of the back test, it was showing good results. Then it turns bad with losses and reason was it took the reverse trade during the bad result stage. It was suppose to buy when 5EMA crosses up 12EMA, but it did the reverse, while the beginning stage was OK. What can I change to make it consistent to have buy when 5 crosses up 12 and not the other way?

Files:

This EA is quite profitable indeed

Hello all,

I'm back after a long period of testing and optimizing and am happy to present the results to you in my blog. Feel free to ask any questions and it will be my pleasure to clarify anything that isn't clear for you.

For all the details, go here:

Forex Leader

Here is a screen which might inspire you:

Files:
2009_03_22_a.jpg  171 kb

Real time trading

I have optimised H1 USD/CAD and H1 GBP/JPY and trading real-time with good success to date. Backtesting the GBP/JPY turned a $500 account into around $75,000 over a 24-month period, however, drawdown was high. This is an excellent piece of work...a real credit to the author! Just one piece of advise: backtest and re-optimise frequently.

Reason: