Universal MA Cross EA - page 123

CommanderSXL:

This modification looks very nice. But one Thing is missing...

Is it possible to add a code which allow me to close all orders at the days end? Currently there is only a function which Close all orders before Weekend....

Many thanks for the great work.

Each and every day end?

Are you sure it will not drive you in negative results?

mladen:

Each and every day end?

Are you sure it will not drive you in negative results?

Yes I would like to backtest it... I have seen that some postions will be in place for 4-5 days which costs a lot swap...

Hi everyone!!

I am new to Forex, especially in the EA systems.I'm trying to make very simple EA.I just need to put settings for MA: Period, Shift.

MA methods: simple,

Apply: Close

I was download EA: Universal MA Cross EA from this forum,but I did not know how to make set up,for example, I need only MA Period,and there is: FastMAPeriod (default 10) and SlowMAPeriod (default 80),which should to use? Same problem with Shift... etc.

Another problem is that I can not attach this EA to MT4, I see him in MT4 Navigator,but can not open it to make set up and start to work.

Please, do you have any solution for me?

Thanks in advance!

tofu69:
Hi all, I added the 2 Moving Average in the Bigger time frame but I haven't not test it yet.

Maybe someone can give me a Short introduction how this EA works... I dont get it. I have three MAs in a smaller time frame and two in a bigger... What function Do the third MA has? When will orders opened? I Knie there is a small explonation inside but i dont get it

I backtestes several variants with good results. Actually I try on a Demo forward..

Hello

I tried to compile in Metaeditor and I found 20 warnings. My version is 4.00 build 950. Please advice me how to correct these warnings.

thanks

​mithetnme

Files:

mithetnme:
Hello

I tried to compile in Metaeditor and I found 20 warnings. My version is 4.00 build 950. Please advice me how to correct these warnings.

thanks

​mithetnme

mithetnme

All those warnings are benign. None of them will influence te work of an EA so you can continue using it without any problem

CommanderSXL:

Maybe someone can give me a Short introduction how this EA works... I dont get it. I have three MAs in a smaller time frame and two in a bigger... What function Do the third MA has? When will orders opened? I Knie there is a small explonation inside but i dont get it

I backtestes several variants with good results. Actually I try on a Demo forward..

Hi Commander, I added this "Bigger time frame" filter with the idea:

- In bigger time frame, for example 1 Hour, fast MA crosses up slow MA ---> We have Up Trend

- Then in current time frame, for example 5 Minutes, only open BUY orders

- And vice versa for the Down Trend in the bigger time frame, we only open SELL orders in the current time frame

About the third MA in the smaller time frame I kept as the original for people who want different settings.

Hi Mladen, Mr, Tools,

if you don't mind i need a modification in the EA.

I'm assuming that the best entry during a trend stage is just when the cross happens, and not later (such as re-entries as many EA do). Anyway in some cases, after the cross, there are some opening candles with better price than the first after the crossover.

What do you thing to enable "addon" entries only if the next prices are better than the first (with a maximum addons trades option) with lot multiplier?

Let's say for example we have a buy cross. We start with 0.01 lot with multipler 2 and max open position 4. Close and reverse enabled:

#1 trade (first candle after cross) buy at 1.10200 with 0.01 lot

#2 trade (after some candles) re-buy at 1.10170 with 0.02

#3 trade re-buy at 1.10140 with 0.04

#4 trade re-buy at 1.10130 with 0.08

A total of 4 position opened with 0.15 lots.(of course the fast MA is still higher than the slow MA)

Closed all 4 in profit at 1.10300 because sell cross happens. Enter sell at the second bars, and so on...

is it possible??

Thank you

alessandromagno:
Hi Mladen, Mr, Tools,

if you don't mind i need a modification in the EA.

I'm assuming that the best entry during a trend stage is just when the cross happens, and not later (such as re-entries as many EA do). Anyway in some cases, after the cross, there are some opening candles with better price than the first after the crossover.

What do you thing to enable "addon" entries only if the next prices are better than the first (with a maximum addons trades option) with lot multiplier?

Let's say for example we have a buy cross. We start with 0.01 lot with multipler 2 and max open position 4. Close and reverse enabled:

#1 trade (first candle after cross) buy at 1.10200 with 0.01 lot

#2 trade (after some candles) re-buy at 1.10170 with 0.02

#3 trade re-buy at 1.10140 with 0.04

#4 trade re-buy at 1.10130 with 0.08

A total of 4 position opened with 0.15 lots.(of course the fast MA is still higher than the slow MA)

Closed all 4 in profit at 1.10300 because sell cross happens. Enter sell at the second bars, and so on...

is it possible??

Thank you

if you explain all this with a picture ,it was easy to verify how the fast ma still higher than the slow ma when price is getting down gradually till 4 trades.......and second option you can have,first trade when cross and 2nd trade if price form a candle,closed lower than the first trade price/conditionally if fast ma is still above the slow ma.or price form a lower low that is low than the first trade price/conditionally fast ma is above slow ma....here is picture of a sell possible trade .

Files:
eurusdm1_9.png  38 kb

Hi mntiwana

You explained better

as you say, for a buy position "first trade when cross and 2nd trade if price form a candle,closed lower than the first trade price"

Your sell trades were perfect, and i add the buy entries after. As you can see the open prices are lower than the first entry. The 2° and 3° buy should have higher lots. Let's say we input coefficient 2, then 1° is 0.01, 2° is 0.02, 3° 0.04 and so on until max trades reached!

Then close and reverse..

Thank you if anyone could add this trading option

Files:
untitled_2.png  63 kb
Reason: