1st and 2nd derivatives of the MACD - page 56

sand:

You can, but not at the current MA value, but at the unknown one.

Dima, take your point to the end. What is the point of buying (or selling, whatever) at an unknown price?

I think he's got it all figured out, so stop being stupid. The point is that you can always, by manipulating lots, make shares in such a way that the average purchase price is at the level you have set. Or vary in a way that you have specified. Such systems are called "griders" in the MTS theory, and one of them seemed to be in the lead at the last championship or the championship before that. The general disadvantage of this class of systems is that they are only guaranteed to be stable with infinite resources, i.e. you never know what size depot will be needed to keep the system running. Worst case - exponential growth of lot in time, the best I've seen (in my calculations:))) - Parabolic growth. Although I haven't seen proof that a stable system is impossible either, so welkam.

alsu:
I think he's got it all figured out. Stop being so stupid. The point is that you can always by manipulating the lots make shares so that the average purchase price was at a level that you set beforehand. Or change in the way you have set.

This doesn't work on a predetermined one.

Let's say you decide at some point in time to buy at the price of MA(10) say on the H1 chart. To do this you have to buy for 10 hours. The result will be a total buy at the price of MA(10). But at the time of making the decision you do not know what price you will ultimately buy at. And not only you don't know, you can't even guess whether it will be higher or lower than the current price.

sand:

This doesn't work on a predetermined one.

Let's say you decide at some point in time to buy at the price of MA(10) say on the H1 chart. To do this you have to buy for 10 hours. The result will be a total buy at the price of MA(10). But at the time of making the decision you do not know what price you will ultimately buy at. And not only you don't know, you can't even guess whether it will be higher or lower than the current price.

It turns out. After the actions described above, you have a position at the level of MA(10) and you can maintain it as long as you want (ideally, if you have enough money, then at a certain point you need), while adjusting at each step so that the resulting position is always at the level of the current MA. If you don't believe me, do the math, it's simple arithmetic.

Firstly, you don't have to shop all the time. Secondly, you don't have to sell everything you buy at once. Thirdly, the MA is averaging, and averaging has to be handled properly.

alsu:
It turns out. After the actions described above, you have a position at the level of MA(10) and you can keep it there as long as you like (ideally, if you have enough money - until a certain point you need), while adjusting at each step so that the resulting position is always at the level of the current MA. If you don't believe me, do the math, it's simple arithmetic.

The question is different. In the initial moment of time you cannot make a decision to buy or sell because you cannot predict the behaviour of the MA for a number of bars longer than its period.

DmitriyN:
Firstly, you don't have to shop all the time. Secondly, you don't have to sell everything you buy at once. Thirdly, the MA is averaging, and averaging has to be handled properly.
This is an extension of my thought

sand:

The question is different. At the initial moment of time you cannot make a decision to buy or sell at the MA because you cannot predict the behaviour of the MA for more bars than its period.
You do not need to predict it, the idea is that at any given moment you will be sure to enter the market at the exact price of the MA. As I want to remind, MA and price tend to intersect. Do you want to go on with the idea?

alsu:
You don't have to predict it, the point is that at any given time you will be sure that you have entered the market at the exact price of the MA. The MA and the price tend to intersect. Do you want to go on with your thought?

You will buy at the price of MA. I agree. But your MA may be higher or lower than the price. Accordingly, when you cross it, you can make a profit as well as a loss.

How is the MA price better than any other?

DmitriyN:

How do you advise to choose the periods of MAs? Or should they not be selected?)

jelizavettka:
Is the MA with a period of 20 on the hourly chart and the MA with a period of 240 on the M5 chart the same thing? Or is it not?
Reason: