EA not trading

Hi there,

I have installed a few EA into MT4 and then drag it to the chart to let it start auto trading to try some demo. I can see a smiley face at the top right hand corner but i opened it for a few days, there is no single trade done? Why is it? I have no touch any setting and just want to see if it works. 

Thanks!

And what makes you think that we know ?

It could be so many things.

bighead87:

Hi there,

I have installed a few EA into MT4 and then drag it to the chart to let it start auto trading to try some demo. I can see a smiley face at the top right hand corner but i opened it for a few days, there is no single trade done? Why is it? I have no touch any setting and just want to see if it works. 

Thanks!

Did you test these EA's? If for example you backtested for a 1 year period, and it opened during this year 10 trades, you could be staring for days, even weeks at your charts without a single trade being made.

EnriqueD:

Did you test these EA's? If for example you backtested for a 1 year period, and it opened during this year 10 trades, you could be staring for days, even weeks at your charts without a single trade being made.

Yes i have backtested it and it works but not when it is in demo

bighead87:

Hi there,

Thanks!

mybe the ea is filter from using it on demo account

https://docs.mql4.com/check/isdemo

IsDemo - Checkup - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
Reason: