Universal MA Cross EA - page 58

I have the same problem...

piptaker:
Ok I can get it to work fine as long as I make the T/P and S/L zero. (blasted IBFX). Anyway is there anyone that is willing to adjust the code for this particular version that i'm using so that it delays the T/P and S/L orders for a few seconds after entering the trade?

TIA.

Todd

A 5/8 EMA cross on H4, Eur/Aud, and Eur/Cad with SL/TS@75 pips, and TP@500 pips tests well from Jan. There are probably better settings. I was just getting started with this method when the change occured.

I didn't think it would be that difficult to adjust the code for this problem. But it must be since no one has given it a try. I did get an offer from someone who would charge me. I don't have a problem paying a coder. But I would appreciate it if someone would let me know if this is a hard job or a piece of cake. Hate to pay $100 for a couple lines of code.

thx,

todd

Would be happy to split...

piptaker:
I didn't think it would be that difficult to adjust the code for this problem. But it must be since no one has given it a try. I did get an offer from someone who would charge me. I don't have a problem paying a coder. But I would appreciate it if someone would let me know if this is a hard job or a piece of cake. Hate to pay $100 for a couple lines of code.

thx,

todd

the cost with you. I am in NYC.

lotuseater:
the cost with you. I am in NYC.

Give this a try. Someone on FF helped me out. Havn't been able to test it yet, so we'll see how it goes.

todd

TakeProfit and StopLoss aren't corrected in regards to slippage. Doesn't matter for numbers above 30 much. It also won't try to set TP and SL if any error occurs right after setting up that order, effectively leaving "hanging" order.

Should work without problems on backtest, might cause you headache on a real account.

@Hate to pay $100 for a couple lines of code.

Hate to pay $ even when it means it'll make $$$, no? Don't be greedy.

It didn't have to be $100, someone might have made it for $20

Glad to see the problem is fixed, too bad it might cause someone's account going into margin call just because TP and SL weren't placed Just trying to help

Very nice of you...

piptaker:
Give this a try. Someone on FF helped me out. Havn't been able to test it yet, so we'll see how it goes. todd

piptaker, but shinigami's post has me concerned. I will give it a try. Best Wishes

does slippage matter on market orders?

Shinigami:
TakeProfit and StopLoss aren't corrected in regards to slippage. Doesn't matter for numbers above 30 much. It also won't try to set TP and SL if any error occurs right after setting up that order, effectively leaving "hanging" order.

Should work without problems on backtest, might cause you headache on a real account.

@Hate to pay $100 for a couple lines of code.

Hate to pay $ even when it means it'll make $$$, no? Don't be greedy.

It didn't have to be $100, someone might have made it for $20

Glad to see the problem is fixed, too bad it might cause someone's account going into margin call just because TP and SL weren't placed

Just trying to help

Not an expert, by any means... but I don't think slippage is relevant if your broker is using MARKET ORDERS.

I have added error checking for the modify - not the way I would normally code, but it is consistent with the coding style of the program. I have added this comment to the top:

/*

July 31, 2010 - serpentsnoir - added error handling for OrderModify after OrderSend

this change does not differentiate between market orders and instant execution

code origin at this permanent link

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

*/

As for paying a programmer, remember, you are paying for expertise, not code.

As always... don't trust the changes, test them.

sn

Hi bro. Would it be possible please to add option that would allow to double the lot on reverse and close the previous position?

can't right now...

trad2kx:
Hi bro. Would it be possible please to add option that would allow to double the lot on reverse and close the previous position?

it probably would be possible. Right now I can't take it on since I just took another (paying) project.

sn

Serpentsnoir...

Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Reason: