Universal MA Cross EA - page 37

Multi Lot Feature/Breakeven

Is there anyway that we can add a multi-lot feature that will move the 2nd or 3rd lot to breakeven once the the 1st lot TP has been hit? That way we can let the 2nd or 3rd lot run until the exit (i.e, on cross) is hit or reverses back to break even.

What do you guys think?

MA Crossover is crap, Ive tried virtually every combination and even all time frames and it has always been loss in back test... never even bothered to do a forward test.

Its sad that ma crossovers aren't a reliable way of making trade

MA Cross

I've only been trading for close to a month now. Don't really have any training in this field but i'm not sure i agree that MA crossover doesn't work. I think if your looking to get huge trades often it will not work for you. But I have been working on a setup with this EA because this one is really customizable and I like the MA cross i've tried several already setup EA's on default and lost money on their settings almost immediatlely on demos I let it run their course to no luck. But I have been testing this for a couple days now and I've arrived at a setup where i had about 8/10 trades profit, across 5 different pairs at the sametime. I still want to adjust it more because their are a couple pairs that it does not work well with, you could just stay away from them but I think i can make it versatile enough to work on almost any pair. But I think MA crosses work well . And like I said I start late in the day with those 8/10 those came across within an hour of me finalizing my setup but market slowed down towards end of day and I was fiddling some more, I might adjust one more thing that wont change it drastically but should be a little more versatile little less profit but I like better numbers than more risk but thats just me. That way i can let it run nonstop except during swap hours and not worry about losing a ton of money. But I figure if it runs the way I want it to I can just adjust the lot size to make more profit and the system should stay just as efficient.

Happy trading guys....

Sean

srmiller82:
I've only been trading for close to a month now. Don't really have any training in this field but i'm not sure i agree that MA crossover doesn't work. I think if your looking to get huge trades often it will not work for you. But I have been working on a setup with this EA because this one is really customizable and I like the MA cross i've tried several already setup EA's on default and lost money on their settings almost immediatlely on demos I let it run their course to no luck. But I have been testing this for a couple days now and I've arrived at a setup where i had about 8/10 trades profit, across 5 different pairs at the sametime. I still want to adjust it more because their are a couple pairs that it does not work well with, you could just stay away from them but I think i can make it versatile enough to work on almost any pair. But I think MA crosses work well . And like I said I start late in the day with those 8/10 those came across within an hour of me finalizing my setup but market slowed down towards end of day and I was fiddling some more, I might adjust one more thing that wont change it drastically but should be a little more versatile little less profit but I like better numbers than more risk but thats just me. That way i can let it run nonstop except during swap hours and not worry about losing a ton of money. But I figure if it runs the way I want it to I can just adjust the lot size to make more profit and the system should stay just as efficient.

Happy trading guys....

Sean

Would you mind sharing your settings and improved cross ea with us afterwards? I definitely think this ea has some potential just now sure how to tweak it right...TIA! :-)

Improved ea

I'm still working on it, when I had tested it had small amount of time that it ran, but at this point I am getting way more profitable trades than losers, the only problem is the losers are bigger than the profits cause of the way I have it setup. But I think I can fix this to where I have less losers and possible bigger profits so it will offset the small amount of losers that are coming up. Before I updated I had i was getting like 6 winners then 2 losers, over and over. So about 75% after running it all night and thats during off hours where the market is not very favorable. But I ended up negative like I said due to big losers which are at this point about 3 times bigger than a profit when I get win so you get the idea. But i'm thinking I can fix this easy enough I was running on 30 min timeframe with that which is proving to be hard to do with an EA so I probably going to move this to 1 hour. I'll let you know when I get it to where I want it.

Sean

ma ea

can you explain to me the difference in the exit settings

1 stop and reverse.. works good using stop loss and take profit

2 pure sar works good no problems..

3 here is where i need your help exit on cross i think it means u can use stop /profit and if another cross happens before it hits your sl it will close.

i have been making a few bucks with this ea but the problem is the right ma and time frame .. i dont like the 80/10 .. i think we need to select ONE currencyand find what works best, i am working on euro/usd... may be some one can take another pair .... i am 74 yrs been trading 5 yrs. one thing i have learned is thak back/foward testing is worthless. ,,the world is changing hourly and i dont know any one that can forcast the future,,more later. i really need the answer to my ? thanks texan

Difference

I'm not sure I understand your question, as far I know (havent tested yet) the first exit strategy stop and reverse, take profit isnt activated? I dont see how it could it on a SAR. But your S/L is still active on first strategy. 2nd strategy pure SAR still stop and reverse but takes out the stop loss and goes until it changes direction or you have another cross. 3rd strategy it just stops order on cross, it doesnt reverse or open new order just exits. Which means the next open order will depend on your other settings. It dodesnt use any indicators it just closes on first cross. You can still use S/L on this and is recommended, but once again I dont believe there is a T/P.

Sean

Add custom Laguerre RSI.mq4 to universal MA

Don't need any more

The function of ''NumberOfTries'' is not correct. It mean's that expert only got one try to open/close order in real. Sorry.

mike360:
Does this EA work on 1.xxxxx and 0.xxxxx, etc. formats ? I don't think it does, but I'd like some confirmation on the subject.. I've been testing this on IBFX demo accounts with some of my own tight settings and it looks solid.. but i just tried to do some testing on GAIN's MT4 platform and since they use the 5 digit format after the decimal point, the EA seems to not perform.. I figured out a way around that on that broker.. attached is an image of a backtest from Oct. 1st, 2008 to Nov. 26th, 2008... Using 0.2 volume microlots on an account starting with $500.. EUR/USD 5M.. the configuration has been extremely fine tuned.. I'm forward testing it now to see what kind of results it yeilds.. each pair has it's own personality.. so far I fine tuned three pairs.. EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and GBP/USD.. all 5 minute charts only..

What are your settings??? That is pretty impressive. I've not been able to get anything to backtest that well!

Reason: