Universal MA Cross EA - page 30

Firedave

This strategy needs a filter of pips between cross and entry.Example the fast/slow cross is at 1.2000 ,set a filter of x pips say 30 pips ,the long entry would be at 1 2030 and the short entry at 1.1970

The second improvement it requires is adding an MACD with longer time frame settings .If trigger level on MACD is hit and all other entry conditions are met ,only then enter trade.Same applies to reversal entries

These two improvements would make it a much better strategy

Regards

El cid

Hi

could anobody add function- buy if set up and also if two bars up and on third bars and sell + also if two bars down sell also

Firedave

This is a wma cross + breakout filter as used by the bunny girl

Try and put a cross + pips filter on your method

I already have a version of this called OILFXPRO UNIVERSAL using my own OILFXPRO RSIOMA indicator

StrategyBuilderFX

El Cid

el cid:
Firedave

This is a wma cross + breakout filter as used by the bunny girl

Try and put a cross + pips filter on your method

I already have a version of this called OILFXPRO UNIVERSAL using my own OILFXPRO RSIOMA indicator

StrategyBuilderFX

El Cid

Cross + pips you mean how many pips it crosses by?As in deviation?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Cross + pips you mean how many pips it crosses by?As in deviation?

BUNNY GIRL used 20 pips on 30 minutes charts on 5 wma crossing 20 wma .

For day trading you need to go on 15 min charts or less plus around 20 pips .It all depends on which cross u use as for filter.Better if longer macd is also triggered in same direction

Regards

El cid

Ea Trades off Moving Average

Hello

im wanting to know if there is an that will place a trade once price hits Moving Average, Example the 100 Ema, I know theres a Universal corss moving average EA in the forum, ive tried useing a 1 MA and 100 EMA, but when the market has a spike the 1 MA doesnt cross

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

This universal MA is an excellent EA and I very much appreciate it for my trading. I've been trading it with one hour time frame with a 15 ema crossing the 25 ema on the EUR/JPY with a 2 to 1 ratio. Which means I set a 50 pip take profit and a 25 pip stop loss. This has worked out great and about 50% winners. The only thing I notice is the EA will sometimes make several entries on the same cross. How do I get the ea to only make 1 trade per cross, until it gets to the next cross? I use a very light progression of lots with this ( a very slow progression is all that's needed because of the 2 to 1 ratio) I also give a 6 pip minumum to cross before it'll make a trade. How can I ensure it only makes one trade per cross and how do I set that up on the EA? Thanks alot , because I do have a winning system for everyone. Thanks, Ron

fxsterling:
This universal MA is an excellent EA and I very much appreciate it for my trading. I've been trading it with one hour time frame with a 15 ema crossing the 25 ema on the EUR/JPY with a 2 to 1 ratio. Which means I set a 50 pip take profit and a 25 pip stop loss. This has worked out great and about 50% winners. The only thing I notice is the EA will sometimes make several entries on the same cross. How do I get the ea to only make 1 trade per cross, until it gets to the next cross? I use a very light progression of lots with this ( a very slow progression is all that's needed because of the 2 to 1 ratio) I also give a 6 pip minumum to cross before it'll make a trade. How can I ensure it only makes one trade per cross and how do I set that up on the EA? Thanks alot , because I do have a winning system for everyone. Thanks, Ron

Can anyone help with this question? I have a nice method that makes money continuosly but i can't trade 24 hours a day. Sometimes a signal comes when i'm sleeping. That's why I like this ea. I'm hitting a 55% success rate with a 50 pip take profit and a 25 pip stop loss. I just have to have the EA stop making multiple entries ( sometimes) per cross. Only one entry per cross is what I'm looking for. Anyone? Thanks, Ron

I am a wee bit rusty since this was my first EA that I seriously considered/tested. For basic explanation you have first post, where the settings layout is defined; it also describes mutual dependancies of settings. For your problem the simplest solution would be to check "MaxOpenOrders" and set it to 1 for starters.

Hope it helps.

cheers

keramikus:
I am a wee bit rusty since this was my first EA that I seriously considered/tested. For basic explanation you have first post, where the settings layout is defined; it also describes mutual dependancies of settings. For your problem the simplest solution would be to check "MaxOpenOrders" and set it to 1 for starters.

Hope it helps.

cheers

Thankyou for taking the time to write. I've come to the conclusion I have it set up the best way that the EA allows. I will take a chance on multiple entries. Sometimes it make multiple entries but only after the first trade has finished. Sometimes I'll get multiple winners from the same cross and sometimes I get multiple losers from the same cross. It doesn't happen all the time thankfully. So I've decided to trade live as it appears profitable from back history of a couple months. 1 minilot to begin with. Thanks, Ron

Reason: