The "XO"-Method......... - page 67

Morning (afternoon) all. Valeo, I like this new indicator but I think I'm ok with the FF and 34CCI showing the way but I'll probably play around with it anyway .

bmac, I grabbed some pips yesterday on the cable trade but closed my charts w/o posting one. I'll be honest - took in 13 pips felt silly getting out too soon with no good reason on such a great move!!

valeo, thanks for the tutorial on good trade/bad trade, we should do this more often. (especially you London session guys with the slow moving charts!!)

later y'all good trading

ValeoFX:
I found this Oscillator here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174899

Thanks to NNJEIM and now others that have developed / improved this adjunct to less stressful trading.

I have been testing both the original setting @ 50 and mine @ 34, but I believe NNJEIM's idea at first for a 50 setting (which he attributes to our friend Mart_Hart and who was also responsible for me changing my CCI settings to 34/14 (thanks Martin), to be the better one. (They are looking at higher numbers, but let them test it first).

Attached is the very same Template I posted above, but this time with the addition of the CCI_Filter set @ 50.

I think it speaks for itself, don't you?

Your considered opinions (only) , will be much appreciated as usual.

Best wishes.

Pip,

how do you use the FF and cci only, and how good is it turning to you? how has FF to be for entry, all in same color?

bmac:
Pip, how do you use the FF and cci only, and how good is it turning to you?

I don't only use them, I meant I use them for my CCI readings within the system.

9 bars ago from this post 856 est there was a signal on eur/usd now all the signals dissapeared and i didnt refresh charts or changed timeframes how are you suppose to trade this live if signals disappear

False entry on EUR_5M

harold4x:
9 bars ago from this post 856 est there was a signal on eur/usd now all the signals dissapeared and i didnt refresh charts or changed timeframes how are you suppose to trade this live if signals disappear

This is my screen-print, my friend. I had no repainting but you will also note that the CCI did not allow you the entry at this stage.

Please check the levels on the XO - it sits @ level 3 which menas one of the 4 TFs is still not ready. Please check your settings of the KirPers.

Best wishes.

valeo my friend on my chart the mtf xo had all red bars at the same place where you drew lines then 6 bars later they ended up like your can we talk

another short using filter cci candle 16 05 1.8856, +10

Well, my first loss this week and I'm kicking myself albeit in retrospect looking at the charts!

It appears I got in way too late but I figured the way this day was going I wouldn't enter until a higher high above R1 or a lower low below the pivot.

Looking back, I should've, could've, would've gotten in 4 bars back when everything lined up and gotten out at the pivot. But that's trading, yeah??

Oh, I believe (not on this chart) there was the L3 Cam right below the pivot for what it's worth.

Hope everyone else had some great trades today. Have a super weekend!!

EDIT: I forgot to say this: This is a good example of trying to get too technical and too smart rather than just trading the system. So, JUST TRADE THE SYSTEM!

Files:
8_25_chf.gif  48 kb

Pip Trip:
Well, my first loss this week and I'm kicking myself albeit in retrospect looking at the charts!

It appears I got in way too late but I figured the way this day was going I wouldn't enter until a higher high above R1 or a lower low below the pivot.

Looking back, I should've, could've, would've gotten in 4 bars back when everything lined up and gotten out at the pivot. But that's trading, yeah??

Oh, I believe (not on this chart) there was the L3 Cam right below the pivot for what it's worth.

Hope everyone else had some great trades today. Have a super weekend!!

EDIT: I forgot to say this: This is a good example of trying to get too technical and too smart rather than just trading the system. So, JUST TRADE THE SYSTEM!

Trust you had a good weekend my friend.

Suggest you add a level @ 5 and 95% on your Stochastic. That would have warned you not to have taken that trade. Incidentally, I also have a level @ 25 / 75 which I use as "warning signs" and those are my very last chance of entry.

Best trades this week.

first trade of the day at 8:50 metatrader time, long at 1.8916 +10 and final exit at +23 pips.

Second trade, long cable at 1.8947 11:45 meta time, closed at -8pips, could not get even +10, the market price is super super flat, let`s see in ny session.

third trade long cable 1.8955, look at filter cci, +10 and open +24 candle 15:20, final exit at 1.8969 so +14

Reason: