The "XO"-Method......... - page 22

What Id like to know is what entry/exit ppl are using? Yes I know 4 bars means entry/exit however Ive tried that on many different pairs and end up getting burnt. Anyone willing to share in detail how they use this system?

The simplest, not the most effective, but effective never the less is to exit on the change of any 2 bars. So if all the bars are green and 2 change to red, close the position and visa versa.

HoggZilla:
Here is the updated indicator which shows the 5th TF. I have it set at 240/5. What ever the 240 (4HR) is doing it will be reflected by a line all the way to 5 or -5. Hope this helps.

Thank you Hoggzilla, does one need to rename this indicator or does it get refered to instead of the old XO?

Thanks for that Kamper, yes aware of the basic entry/exit however looking to see if anyone has anymore (zero line cross in CCI etc) I'll keep trying and see how I go, its just that many trades when I get a signal end up burning me, mabye I need to wait longer

KaMpeR:
Thank you Hoggzilla, does one need to rename this indicator or does it get refered to instead of the old XO?

You don't need to rename it, it works with the XO indicator.

HoggZilla:
You don't need to rename it, it works with the XO indicator.

Thank you, it was actually a silly question, sorry, must stop getting up so early.

KaMpeR's H1 Exit Strategy.

creztor:
Thanks for that Kamper, yes aware of the basic entry/exit however looking to see if anyone has anymore (zero line cross in CCI etc) I'll keep trying and see how I go, its just that many trades when I get a signal end up burning me, mabye I need to wait longer

No problem, here's my exit strategy, I trade H1 charts, so both the MA settings and the other settings will not be of any use on any other time frame I don't think?

SMA (10) Draw it Red.

TMA (30) Draw it Green.

DT-ZigZag_Lauer (Change the hours default of 5 to 12)

HoursChannel_v1 (Change the hours value to 192)

The first one that will give you an indication of change is DT, the dots it draws will change from Red to Blue or visa versa, when this happens then be warned that a change MIGHT be coming?

The second one to give you an indication will be the MA's. When the Red line crosses down or up through the green line this indicates a reversal of trend, now you need to make a definate decision to either ride out the high or low, or get out of the trade.

The final indicator or Death Nail, if you did stay in the trade is HoursChannel. I treat HoursChannel like a seesaw. If the right side is up market is generaly long, if right side is down, market is generally short. so if the market was long when you opened the trade and Hours has swung from an upwards position on the right to a downward position on the right and you did not get out of the trade, you would, not always but generally, be in trouble.

Hope that helps, shout if you want any further clarification on that?

Files:

KaMpeR:
No problem, here's my exit strategy,

This is pretty detailed. Have you used this with other trend following systems? Assuming yes, can you give us some details about the success rate?

Thanks.

I have my own entry strategy which I use on H1 charts. You can find it on this thread here;

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

These are both slow and could be speeded up to give earlier signals, but I like them this way. My runs are generally long and my bad runs are pretty short, mimimizing my losses.

This would make a great EA if someone was keen to have a go at writting it, if you trade it you will see why?

HoggZilla:
Here is the updated indicator which shows the 5th TF. I have it set at 240/5. What ever the 240 (4HR) is doing it will be reflected by a line all the way to 5 or -5. Hope this helps.

Much appreciated and deeply indebted to you, my friend.

KaMpeR:
The simplest, not the most effective, but effective never the less is to exit on the change of any 2 bars. So if all the bars are green and 2 change to red, close the position and visa versa.

Absolutely!!

Reason: