Profit Generator EA results - page 14

Hi Blue Pearl.

I think you made the same mistake as me.

The 238 pips you posted is 238 dollars @ $10 per lot?

So the net pips is actually 23?

Mike4X.

mike4X:
Hi Blue Pearl.

I think you made the same mistake as me.

The 238 pips you posted is 238 dollars @ $10 per lot?

So the net pips is actually 23?

Mike4X.

tried to change/edit the result but there is no way that i can see to do that.

I'm going to have the ability to add statements in the next couple of hours, hold on!

There, you can Edit/Delete statements now. This way you don't need a new record for each week, you can just edit it and upload the new report and change the end date on the statement entry.

I'm confused about the pip reporting on the Semipixel website.

There are so many different lot sizes it's hard to work out the actual pips generated.

For instance Sampson on your own statement it says profit in pips +174.

You are trading $1 per pip (0.10 lots).

Statement total is +141 so isn't the pips earned +141 too?

Same confusion with the other posted statements (apart from Bluepearl who fixed his).

Mike4X.

mike4X:

There are so many different lot sizes it's hard to work out the actual pips generated.

Same confusion with the other posted statements (apart from Bluepearl who fixed his).

Mike4X.

That's why I think the totals are just an approximation, it would take too long to actually figure out the exact number. Especially with different lot sizes like in my statements (I was experimenting with the MM feature, which works well by the way!).

mike4X:

Mike4X.

Well one pip on EUR/JPY is worth less then a dollar, so that's why the profit in dollars is less. If you use https://www.mql5.com/en/forum it will tell you the profit in pips.

But if you think it would be better I can change profit to just be a yes/no question.

Whatever you guys think is best!

Personally I think it would be easier if everybody uses 1 lot per trade and reports the profit not the pip count.

That way we can directly compare each statement posted.

Would be handy to have the statements listed by top performers so we can check the settings easily?

Mike4X.

hi all,

I would like to use 4 platforms from North Finance to test out different settings for PG. Can Nich, Holyguy or anyone pls give me 4 or more different settings to test PG 3.2.3 ? Since I will be outstation for almost a month I will let these platforms run on my PC from this coming Mon onwards.

Pls give me different settings ASAP as I will be leaving for airport in few hrs time.

Thanks for Nich, Holyguy7 and everyone who have contributed greatly to PG development.

P.S. I plan to open live with North Finance after I come back in a months time.

sampson:
Well one pip on EUR/JPY is worth less then a dollar, so that's why the profit in dollars is less. If you use https://www.mql5.com/en/forum it will tell you the profit in pips.

But if you think it would be better I can change profit to just be a yes/no question.

Whatever you guys think is best!

Sampson, I don't think that is correct.

If you are trading 1 lot on EUR-JPY and go long and price moves up 3 pips, you gain $30. Nothing is converted into Euros. You are always trading dollars per pip regardless of the currency pair.

Mike4X.

Reason: