Profit Generator EA - page 76

Using the 3[1].3.2 I've noticed something.....

If you turn it on after the NY session and let it run through the Asian session it makes money. When the market is quiet this EA seems to work better!

The settings I used are all default except:

~Long Bar 10

~Stoploss 30

~Takeprofit 30

~ Use50mafilter: False

I know Nova says to use MApips: -20, but I dont know exactly what that does. Maybe someone could please explain.

Billy

The ma filter when set to true only allows longs above and shorts below. The value you put in the ma pips determines how many pips above below the 50 ma you have to be before a trade can be initiated. When inputing a negative value you are defeating the hard lined logic of above/below and allowing a mix. Like I said, an inout of -20 reduces the number of trades without affecting win/loss ratio and sometimes improves it...at least in backtesting. I wanted to see the number of trades reduced so I am using it.

The bottom line with this EA is it is entering random trades based on a counter trend breakout. Many trades do seem to go into profit but unfortunately without manually managing the trades, it seems that it lets a 30 pip winner turn into a 30 pip loser or a 5 pip winner. The obsolete is a great idea but it seems some trades can go from winners to losers without meeting the conditions which trigger it to close the trade.

After spending 3 weeks doing some serious testing with this, I am fascinated with it but at this point, it seems like we are going to need some type of big time artificial intelligence to make this take the bigger pip trades properly. I do think it's possible to make an EA that can scalp but when you get into 30 or more pips, without considering things like the time of day, news, the trend, etc. I don't know, it just seems very hard to make a mechanical system that can handle that.

It's great we are trying though because you never know when someone will find that magic combination of simple logic and settings that can make a consistant profit. Trading can be tuff enough when you use an entire human brain though . Look at the moves in the U.S. session today between 9 and 1. Some tough trading no doubt. You have to think in foward and reverse simultaneously in this market.

Does anyone have a statement taking larger trades in the majors for a week or more that is showing profit? If so, you are doing better than me.

Oh well, haven't seen a winning EA yet but if you have one, I will buy it.

MTreport4

sadaloma:
Thanks guys sada

Hi sadaloma,

Thanks for the mtreport4 link. Why is it that when I tried to open the statement file I couldn't see the data but has the message "Please use forward reports, generated by MetaTrader 4.177+" on the screen?

bdandi

asian session

I'm not really following this thread but about Asian session...

I was running STI and it doing bad running all the time, but running in Asian session for crosses worked very well for about 1 month. Then lots of losses also.

but STI is a scalping type EA.

bdandi:
Thanks for the mtreport forum link. The statements were generated from MT4 platform, build 191. bdandi

That is weird, I never had any issue with any statement. Mt4report 1.8 is 100% compatible with the 191 build.

If you want to, maybe you could post&attach the problematic statement and I will see if I have the same error .

Bdandi, this is kind of an off-topic issue for this thread - could we continue at the link I provided for the thread of mt4report? I am kind of paranoid that people will start to get annoyed with us if we still hang around here with this subject in hand.

Sada

OK... This is how to make this a winning EA!!!!

You let it enter the trade then monitor it yourself and close the position.

I noticed that it will almost always be profitable for some period of time before losing money. If you use some common sense you can close almost all trades for a winner...

Maybe this should be an entry signal service with a discretionary close!

Billy

I think, You get that message if you are trying to analyse an MT3 statement.

If you produced your statement from an MT4 platform, what build is it? 191?

Just a suggestion: maybe you could post your question at the thread that belongs to mt4report?

it's here:

http://fxtools.tvvliet.com/

sada

sadaloma:
I think, You get that message if you are trying to analyse an MT3 statement.

If you produced your statement from an MT4 platform, what build is it? 191?

Just a suggestion: maybe you could post your question at the thread that belongs to mt4report?

it's here:

http://fxtools.tvvliet.com/

sada

Thanks for the mtreport forum link. The statements were generated from MT4 platform, build 191.

bdandi

Problems

Hallo. After an order ist opened my PG 3.3.1 is printing

PG 3.3.1 USDCAD H1 (0) Ticket xxxxxxx found SL is 0. This is printed until order closed. I counted > 200. Who knows the solution to stop this. The SL was 30 really. I controlled this in the area EXPERT. karl

maniek:
Whats TF?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173055

look at the tester files,then you will know every thing.

also make sure you register at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/wsforex/

then you will be notified with updates verions.

Reason: