MT4 often to disconected and ping failed! - page 2

There is some script somewhere in Tools section of this forum to check disconnections. This script is writing everything to the file so you may check the exact disconnection time.

newdigital:
There is some script somewhere in Tools section of this forum to check disconnections. This script is writing everything to the file so you may check the exact disconnection time.

I see your post in your thread, it seem you more recommended MT3 rather than MT4. B.t.w, MT4 is now buid 191. What do you think about this version? Because if i use MT3 run with my EA, it's mean i have to change the code to MQL.

harryhid:
I see your post in your thread, it seem you more recommended MT3 rather than MT4. B.t.w, MT4 is now buid 191. What do you think about this version? Because if i use MT3 run with my EA, it's mean i have to change the code to MQL.

I started to use MT3 many years ago and I am not using MT3 anymore. I am using MT4. And I'm affraid to update MT4. Of course I am updating but not immediately.

MT3 was much more easy for me.

i have the same problem but only on my vServer (Virtual Server run MT 4)

you look here http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/1297/

--

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:

i have the same problem but only on my vServer (Virtual Server run MT 4)

you look here http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/1297/

--

Thank's, Alex

codersguru:
1- If you go live you have to be sure you have a good connection.

2- You have to be sure that the Broker has a good server.

3- You have to be sure that the expert advisor designed with the ability to resend the order ( retires ) and uses slippage not less than 5.

4- I didn't try to run two instances of MetaTrader using the same account. But if this work it will be adviced to run more than one instance and we can write a small program in visual basic/visual c++ to handle the expert advisor instances loaded in the treminals.

I think it would be very good idea to have some code with ability to resend the order (retries) after the failure. I been thinking it very long time but i can get the code. Could you help add some code for my EA?

regard

Harry

harryhid:
hey guys,..do you have any ideas why my MT4 often disconected in a several minute or sometime ping failed reported on journal tab. By the way my internet connection doesn,t have any problem or it's always connected. It's a big problem for me because even our EA have a agreat winning potensials, it doesn't work if we have a ping failed or disconnected while the signal come. is there anyone have the same problem or it's just me? . Is the problem comes from the server or else? Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? please help....i'm tired to lossing the opportunity to winning the trade just because the technical problem

I'm have the exact same issue. I'm using version 4 build 225 on an HP laptop using Windows Vista home... It drops the connection several times an hour. Same "ping failed" message.... I'm also using the same version on a desktop running XP.... both computers are on the same LAN. The XP one is not having any issues. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm using Interbank as the broker. Please help!

Fixed

As it turned out.... it appears I had a hardware issue with my network adapter.

I agree...

MQ4 is constantly losing signal. It happens on ANY computer with ANY connection. I work in an office with 4 T2 lines and only 25% of their ability and it still fails to keep a solid connection. Has been happening for a long time. Don't know why but it does.

Reason: