Profit Generator EA - page 79

Hello!

Im new to trading and obviously new to using EAs

I've been trying out this EA, and tryied tweaking it a bit.

I think i've come to a good result.

Im backtesting on a Daily TF, and using settings for a mini trading account of 300usd.

This are the things i changed on the inputs, and the ones im using right now:

- lots = 0.1

- stoploss = 14

- takeprofit = 19

- EMAconfirm = True

Thats all, everything else to defaults.

Seems profitable on the long run (some months) and losses arent really big.

One thing i found, is that backtesting on monthly periods (lets say i test May or April), and tweaking settings for each period gives much more profit (tweaking the period 04/20/2006 - 05/20/2006 alone gives much more profit that a tweak to perform correctly on a bigger period like 11/20/2005 - 05/20/2006).

But, correct me if im wrong, i think the main idea of a good EA is that it can perform good on a TF on the long run without constantly tweaking it.

Anyway, with that settings i got a 1.87 profit factor on a long 6 month backtest, and doing individual backtesting one month at a time i didnt got terrible looses.

Please advise me if what ive done or said is wrong, as i said before im a newbie.

Thanks in advance.

novafx99:
Jacoba, Nice results, could you please share your settings for Euro test? Thanks

Here is the EA i use in the demo acc. TF. 1H

Are there any new developments on Profit Generator. What happened to all the super programers that did such an amazing job on the EA so far. Did everyone loose interest to it or everyone is just testing and not developing new versions.

Just wanted to know.

EA Not Working!

I've loaded the EA on a live Mini Acct, trading .5 mini lots per trade, but it has executed 0 trades in 48 hours. Have I done something wrong? Attached is my .set file.

Files:
test.txt  1 kb

Range

Is it possible to put a range for LongBar value and BarOpenPercent value. For example, longbar = any value between 5 to 10. Hope some1 can help me modify the code or show me how.

Thanks

hi guys

im seeing here a good expert which u discusting...

im new here and hope to accept me with u

i have a qustion...

did u finished this expert and start to test it?

plz give me the last updates for this expert

thanx all

Abandoned?

It looks like this thread has been abandoned by the primary devolpers and testers of the PG EA. Wondering what happened? Did discusion move or everyone give up on this EA?

We gave up on it

I tried all combinations, currencies and timeframes and it would just not win long term.

There were so many filters and conditions in the end that it didn't matter which way the trade entered. You may as well just toss a coin and go long for heads.

Anyway there are new kids on the block now....

Mike4x.

i believe EA will not be perfect all the time,even it is good,you need to monitor it yourself.i suggest avoid friday or when there are important news release. only enable your EA during normal trading days.

My testing results

I guess this is a dead thread..but I have to start somewhere...Ive been following the various threads on this site, learning about EAs with great interest. Facinating topic to me.

Here are my results for back testing Profit Generator 3.33 Download link is available somewhere on this thread above.

These are by far the best results Ive ever had for long term tests. What amazed me most was the Profit FActor of 9+. Im happy when I can get a PF of 2+ on and EA..then I think its well worth doing forward testing...but 9? Well..this has really got my attention, so I will surely do some forward testing and post my results some weeks ahead.

What Ive learned thus far..is that the most stable EAs look at price movements over the longer time periods, with hard stops and try to catch the trends. This EA Profit generator had one run of 400+ consecutive wins in this back test. I somehow doubt in real life trading such a run would happen, but its nevertheless encouraging.

thanks to all the many here who are working hard and sharing what they create. I feel blessed to have found this community of like minded souls

Reason: