HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 8

hma russian color

Well I'm glad I found this thread I have been looking at the hma for a while and must say great job Igor on that indicator. It performs flawlesly.(no repainting) no lag, just awesome.

To the point where I payed a programmer to compile an EA based on it.

Once a few bugs were worked out, I picked the right time frames money management, and hma period, etc. Plus a few other things no forex system is plug and play.

The first two trades the the EA made were for 150 pips, 110 on the gpb/chf, and 40 on the eur/jpy. And that is in a choppy market.

Thanks again for all who contributed to this thread, and its worth another look for sure.

Hi Manalive. Please share your ea based on Hull.

Hi Manalive,

Please kindly share your ea based on Hull indicator.

My email is: james_phuc28@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot in advance

James Phuc

Hull MA with alert

Is it possible to get simple, standard Hull MA with sound alert? I mean, that alerts when the HMA changes color? It should be simple but I am not a coder so I can't do it. Can anyone do it? Or, does anybody have such a indicator? If so, please post it. Thank you in advance.

HMA alert

Master Ned:
Is it possible to get simple, standard Hull MA with sound alert? I mean, that alerts when the HMA changes color? It should be simple but I am not a coder so I can't do it. Can anyone do it? Or, does anybody have such a indicator? If so, please post it. Thank you in advance.

There it is

dan

Files:
hma_v1.mq4  6 kb
hma_v1.ex4  8 kb

MA & HMA cross EA

Has anybody found a moving average & Hull moving average cross system (EA) anywhere? I would like to find one, hopefully with an audible alarm & arrows on the chart indicating when the MA crosses the HMA. I had one on the VTTrader system but can't find a MT4 version. Thanks for any help.

gandalf

One that Works

I've been threw every Thread I can find for the HMA EA.

None of them have worked with my MT4.

They work enough to Attach to Chart and then no Trading happens.

Anyone know why?

information HMA

hello this indicator works well at time d1?

tanks

Almost every moving average works OK on daily time frame.

They are usually used for "trend catching" systems and their main characteristics is that the ratio of wining against loosing number of trades is not good (bigger number of losing that wining orders) but in the end, with proper money management they can end up in winning. Here is a quote from STAD (System Trading and Development Club) magazines (as far as I am concerned those were some of the best regarding trading systems and information about them) regarding "trending systems"

Trending Systems have the following characteristics:

They make 80% of their profits on 20% of their trades. This is the difficult part of trend trading—a low percentage of winning trades. You need a lot of positive self-esteem and confidence in your abilities to trade a system that loses money on 60 or 65% of its trades. You should also be able to sit through significant drawdown as the market drifts through a directionless period.

Many researchers have estimated that any market is in the trend mode 15% of the time and is directionless 85% of the time. A trend following system then, by definition, has a low percentage of profitable trades. A trend following system is psychologically difficult to trade, but if you think you can successfully trade without constant positive feedback, it can prove to be very profitable
nicola763:
hello this indicator works well at time d1? tanks

hello guys

I need this 2 indis to be MTF version.

and I think Sonic_Slope.mq4 needs Slope Direction Line.mq4, so I attach it.

thanks in advance.

sonic_ind_v2.2.mq4sonic_slope.mq4slope_direction_line.mq4

guys which is the best hma so far till date anyone ? and whats the best period to use it with is the 20 period good ?

is the 20 period the default period used, and doe sit work good on the 15m ,

over all doe sit make 7 yo 8 wins out of 10 any experience would really help here with

Reason: