HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 5

Hma

Thanks Igorad, I just finished my version, quick and dirty (I used less code, your one probably is faster).

Cheers!

Hello There FloFri I would like a copy of your version of the HMA that does not change color on the current bar. I cant find it here. Do you mind?

May I ask one more favour. Is it possible for you to add an extra function to the indicator? I want to be able to displace it forward - Can you add such a feature to it.

Thanks for the good work

igorad:
Hi,

I have revised HMA_Russian, now it plots in color.

Igor

Nice work, Igor.

Now when I run different HMAs on my platform and on different charts, MT slows down seriously and seems to use a lot of resources.

Is there a possibility to "ligthen up" the indicator, for example cut the historical back period to a limited number of bars?

FloFri:
Thanks Igorad, I just finished my version, quick and dirty (I used less code, your one probably is faster).

Cheers!

[EDIT] Q&D very true, sorry! [/EDIT]

Can you give me this indicator ?

thanks

HMA Use

secxces:
Hi All.

Well, heres the deal. I came across the HMA_Color indicator some time ago. As I dont like to get weird ideas into my head from all the new indicators that are constantly popping up, I just threw it to the side like everything else. After coming past it a few more times, I started looking into it. It seemed fantastic, worked very well. I use regular EMA's and never really liked the JMA, but HMA seemed to be very smooth. But, whenever you come across anything thats too good to be true, it usually is. So the next step is to test the "Paints The Past" test. And sure enough. After a few hours of screen captures and staring, not only does it gap between its color changes, but HMA_Color also changes its signals. So, having spent that much time on it I figured I should go ahead and just attempt to investigate some more.

Hi secxces:

I was borwsing around, reading this thread. By the end I decided it would be good to see what this HMA does (I've never heard of it). I plotted it on the EUR/USD with default parameters and was wondering how you were using it, or how you found it useful. When there is a longer trend up or down, it'll plot one color, but when the market is channeling more, it seems it would give a lot of false signals. Are you using it in conjunction with another indicator?

Curious.

Thanks,

-Derk

How do I use HMA_Russian_Color in an ea?

I need to program something as follows ...

If hma1 > hma2 and color = blue then buy = true

Thanks

EA with HMA

blackat:
How do I use HMA_Russian_Color in an ea?

I need to program something as follows ...

If hma1 > hma2 and color = blue then buy = true

Thanks

Hello,

Try attached one with attached improved indicator code.

Settings (for example - optimize and find your own):

Lots = 1.0;

MaximumRisk = 0.1; //investment fund of Free Margine

DecreaseFactor = 2; //decreases number of lots due to historical loses

LotOpt = 0; // lot optimizing: 0 - No (MaximumRisk and DecreaseFactor do not matter), 1 - Yes,

TakeProfit = 200;

TrailingStop = 50;

Param1=13; // HMA indicator periods: 13 for EUR/USD 4H

or 65 for EUR/USD M30

EA code valid to 31.07.2006.

BoDar

Files:

Hi,

When i try to save the Expert to /programfiles/fxdd/experts

and then open, the program doesn't appear.

On the MT4 platform the icon appears grey in the experts file.

when i put it on, i keep getting 'the trial version has been expired'

is that all supposed to happen?

bradman:
Hi,

When i try to save the Expert to /programfiles/fxdd/experts

and then open, the program doesn't appear.

On the MT4 platform the icon appears grey in the experts file.

when i put it on, i keep getting 'the trial version has been expired'

is that all supposed to happen?

Normally this happens when the expert cannot compile; there is an error. That is with an .mq4 source file.

But if yours is saying it's expired, then perhaps it had an expiration date and has expired! Do you only have an .ex4 program file and not the .mq4 source file?

It is BoDars EA from the post above mine.

see if you can download it and get it to work!

Duh,

the post states:

EA code valid to 31.07.2006

is there a public free EA?

I can't believe with all the EAs in the world, i have searched 5 forums and googled, but no MT4 Hull MA EA>>>

Reason: