Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 708

Dear Mladen!

I`m trying to make the arrow indicator by indicator SuperTrend Volty Like 2buffers:

( i.e. iCustom (NULL,0, "SuperTrend Volty Like 2", 0,10, etc..... , 0, i+1)

!=EMPTY_VALUE (or > 0 - the same result)

but the terminal hangs...

(Single indicator SuperTrend volty like2 in terminal is OK of course)

This is because the SuperTrend Volty Like 2 contains a large data conversion?

Or should we use some tricks to facilitate calculations indicator buffers?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Igorrisimo:
Dear Mladen!

I`m trying to make the arrow indicator by indicator SuperTrend Volty Like 2buffers:

( i.e. iCustom (NULL,0, "SuperTrend Volty Like 2", 0,10, etc..... , 0, i+1)

!=EMPTY_VALUE (or > 0 - the same result)

but the terminal hangs...

(Single indicator SuperTrend volty like2 in terminal is OK of course)

This is because the SuperTrend Volty Like 2 contains a large data conversion?

Or should we use some tricks to facilitate calculations indicator buffers?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Igorrisimo

You left out one parameter (the TimeFrame parameter of that indicator) : right after the "SuperTrend Volty Like 2", add "" as the first parameter and then it should work without any problem

mladen:
Igorrisimo You left out one parameter (the TimeFrame parameter of that indicator) : right after the "SuperTrend Volty Like 2", add "" as the first parameter and then it should work without any problem

Yes, it works! Thank you very much!

lucnes:
Hi mladen,

it would be possible to update this interesting strenght meter multi-timeframe indicator?

regards

sorry for quote myself...

Is there a holy soul who wants to update this indicator to the new MT4 build?

Files:
csm-mtf.zip  48 kb

lucnes:
sorry for quote myself... Is there a holy soul who wants to update this indicator to the new MT4 build?

lucnes

That indicator heavily uses hanovers code. As far as I know even hanover gave up trying to update it.

mladen:
lucnes That indicator heavily uses hanovers code. As far as I know even hanover gave up trying to update it.

ok mladen thanks. I did not know it.

Is there somewhere a similar indicator that works with the new mt4 build?

lucnes:
ok mladen thanks. I did not know it. Is there somewhere a similar indicator that works with the new mt4 build?

Try using this one (it is compiled with build 509) and it works on build 646 : csm_509.ex4

Files:
csm_509.ex4  24 kb
csm.gif  74 kb

mladen:
Try using this one (it is compiled with build 509) and it works on build 646 : csm_509.ex4

thank you very much

lucnes:
thank you very much

Seems that we are going to have more and more cases like this : when the whole code has to be rewritten from the scratch. Working right now on on such code and it does not issue any errors or warning, and it does not work. Not a good way to develope any kind of code

People : just to let you now that currently there are problems with testing multi time frame indicators in visual back test : we had a similar situation and it was solved. Now it seems to be back (in builds 625 and 646)

Reason: