Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 429

code

Pava:
Why THIS indicator?...it's not that hot anyways...just take a look at it...

I find this indicator interessant to confirm a signal.

If range or start of trend...

So, I look for an indicator of timing...have it?

As usual it is a variation of a known theme : it is an inverse fisher transform of an awesome oscillator variation (using 3 instead of 5 for short length and using lwma instead of sma) but since they failed to bring the values into value range suitable for inverse fisher transform it gives so erratic results depending on time frame. Try it on weekly or monthly where the "nature does its job" and you will see what should it look like when working normally

I think that the author of it should be contacted to correct the error of normalizing values to fit into inverse fisher transform expected range of values and then give consistent results regardless of the time frame or the symbol it is applied to if he plans to keep it commercial

Pava:
Why THIS indicator?...it's not that hot anyways...just take a look at it...

Thanks...but even when it looks like the way it should, on a higher time frames, it's not so holy grailish:)...

mladen:
As usual it is a variation of a known theme : it is an inverse fisher transform of an awesome oscillator variation (using 3 instead of 5 for short length and using lwma instead of sma) but since they failed to bring the values into value range suitable for inverse fisher transform it gives so erratic results depending on time frame. Try it on weekly or monthly where the "nature does its job" and you will see what should it look like when working normally I think that the author of it should be contacted to correct the error of normalizing values to fit into inverse fisher transform expected range of values and then give consistent results regardless of the time frame or the symbol it is applied to if he plans to keep it commercial

code

mladen:
As usual it is a variation of a known theme : it is an inverse fisher transform of an awesome oscillator variation (using 3 instead of 5 for short length and using lwma instead of sma) but since they failed to bring the values into value range suitable for inverse fisher transform it gives so erratic results depending on time frame. Try it on weekly or monthly where the "nature does its job" and you will see what should it look like when working normally I think that the author of it should be contacted to correct the error of normalizing values to fit into inverse fisher transform expected range of values and then give consistent results regardless of the time frame or the symbol it is applied to if he plans to keep it commercial

Thanks for your explain and precisions

I am going to test the fisher transform

Ehlers Fisher transform.mq4 (2.4 KB, 2169 views)

Ehlers Fisher transform histo.mq4 (3.6 KB, 2431 views)

Last edited by mladen; 09-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.

These indicators does no repaint?

code

mladen:

I am going to test this indicator, it seems based on the meme principle that DM Range_factor

Market mode.mq4

They are not the same

Some more info on fisher transform you can find here : Fisher transformation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And no, no repainting

storto:
Thanks for your explain and precisions

I am going to test the fisher transform

Ehlers Fisher transform.mq4 (2.4 KB, 2169 views)

Ehlers Fisher transform histo.mq4 (3.6 KB, 2431 views)
Last edited by mladen; 09-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.
These indicators does no repaint?

any have an indicator that will draw a horizontal line of weekly 200MA on daily and 4H time frame?

mladen:
It's a conversion of one of the John Ehlers indicators to metatrader and has nothing in common with the "DM_range factor". Anyway, here is a version of market mode that has colored breakouts, alerts and is a multi time frame indicator too

beauty...

one can it see in Force Index+MAcD

as in Volatility quality, zero line

indicator

mladen:
It's a conversion of one of the John Ehlers indicators to metatrader and has nothing in common with the "DM_range factor". Anyway, here is a version of market mode that has colored breakouts, alerts and is a multi time frame indicator too

Thanks

I am going to test this indicator

Some more info on it you can find at TASC archive (here : Back Issues Archive search for March 2010 issue). Here is a partial qote from the article :

Cycle Vs. Trend Mode Detection

Empirical Mode Decomposition

by John F. Ehlers and Ric Way

Is the market trending or is it in a cycle mode? Identify the mode of the market and trade accordingly.

Even the most casual chart reader will be able to spot the times when the market is cycling and other times when longer-term trends are in play. Cycling markets are ideal for swing trading. However, attempting to trade the swing in a trending market can be a recipe for disaster. Similarly, applying trend trading techniques during a cycling market can equally wreak havoc in your account. Cycle or trend modes can be identified in hindsight. But it would be useful to have an objective scientific approach to guide you to the current market mode.

A number of tools are already available to differentiate between cycle and trend modes; measuring the trend slope over the cycle period to the amplitude of the cyclic swing is one possibility. However, this article describes a unique approach to determining the market mode.

Cycle mode

We begin by thinking of cycle mode in terms of frequency or its inverse, periodicity. The markets are fractal, so daily, weekly, and intraday charts are indistinguishable when time scales are removed. Thus, it is useful to think of the cycle period in terms of its bar count. For example, a 20-bar cycle using daily data corresponds to a cycle period of approximately one month.

When viewed as a wave form, slow-varying price trends constitute the wave form’s low-frequency components and day-to-day fluctuations (noise) constitute the high-frequency components. The objective in cycle mode is to filter out the unwanted components — both low-frequency trends and the high-frequency noise — and retain only the range of frequencies over the desired swing period.

storto:
Thanks I am going to test this indicator
Reason: