Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 1130

mladen:

Here is a version with that added

Thank you Mladen as usually you answer quickly and it's always good :)

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Is this a general/standard coding formula to add current symbol option in any indicator ?

regards

PS: usual usage for current symbol in all the"normal" ways is to use "NULL" in the code

mladen:
PS: usual usage for current symbol in all the"normal" ways is to use "NULL" in the code

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for explaining more ....... why some indicators are coded specifically for current symbol feature,do you think when same indicator is applied with same exact parameters on two different currency pairs,do it perform differently on those in question pairs ..... or it matters only on pairs 5digit pairs verses 3 digit pairs (eurusd verses usdjpy) i assume on 5 digit broker.

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for explaining more ....... why some indicators are coded specifically for current symbol feature,do you think when same indicator is applied with same exact parameters on two different currency pairs,do it perform differently on those in question pairs ..... or it matters only on pairs 5digit pairs verses 3 digit pairs (eurusd verses usdjpy) i assume on 5 digit broker.

mntiwana

That indicator simply has a list of a symbols it should use. And that is why it had to be done that way )or some similar way). Normally, for current chart symbols, nothing special has to be done - as long as NULL is used in place of the symbol, metatrader treats that as a current chart symbol automatically and the user never has to know anything about that switching of the used symbol

Hi,

could you please make a MTF version from this indicator:

rplust:

Hi,

could you please make a MTF version from this indicator:

Here is the multi time frame version

mladen:

Here is the multi time frame version

Thank you mLaden. I made a small change to it to have the indicator plot the next higher TF automatically.

But I get two errors I don't know how to handle. Could you please have a look at it.

rplust:

Thank you mLaden. I made a small change to it to have the indicator plot the next higher TF automatically.

But I get two errors I don't know how to handle. Could you please have a look at it.

Try it out now

mladen:

Try it out now

Awesome, thank you! Learned something new to me.

Time frame overlay

Files:
Reason: