Schaff trend cycle - page 13

hi mladen

can You try coding something like schaff WPR ??

regards

mladen:
This is one of the Schaff series indicators (wrote it long time ago, but this one is somewhat upgraded). It basis it calculates an rsx od a macd signal (in this case it is an rsx since rsx itself is already a much smoother version of rsi)

wwwassa:
hi mladen

can You try coding something like schaff WPR ??

regards

wwwassa

If we consider a wpr as a "stochastic without smoothing" (slowing) - see the example where the slowing is set to 1 in stochastic indicator and how it relates to WPR

then this would be the Schaff WPR (no smoothing applied to the stochastic calculated in the Schaff trend cycle

Files:

thanks for sharing indicator mladen and I have a question about double WPR like wpr on wpr? something like this is exist?

mladen:
wwwassa

If we consider a wpr as a "stochastic without smoothing" (slowing) - see the example where the slowing is set to 1 in stochastic indicator and how it relates to WPR

then this would be the Schaff WPR (no smoothing applied to the stochastic calculated in the Schaff trend cycle

wwwassa:
thanks for sharing indicator mladen and I have a question about double WPR like wpr on wpr? something like this is exist?

wwwassa

Use this instead (as I explained WPR is more or less a renamed stochastic (just shifted values to negative)). Set the "Double" parameter to true and set the "Slowing" parameter to 1 and you will get the equivalent of wpr on wpr but in positive values

ok I don't now this earlier. Mladen what You think about cci on double stochastic??

regards

mladen:
wwwassa Use this instead (as I explained WPR is more or less a renamed stochastic (just shifted values to negative)). Set the "Double" parameter to true and set the "Slowing" parameter to 1 and you will get the equivalent of wpr on wpr but in positive values

wwwassa:
ok I don't now this earlier. Mladen what You think about cci on double stochastic?? regards

wwwassa

It is easy to see what would the results be. Simply drag CCI on double stochastic and choose previous indicator data in the price field. This is an example how it looks like then (blue line is CCI of a double stochastic)

Thanks mladen I do it, but I have a once more question about schaff on deMarker indicator? it can be interesting..

regards

mladen:
wwwassa It is easy to see what would the results be. Simply drag CCI on double stochastic and choose previous indicator data in the price field. This is an example how it looks like then (blue line is CCI of a double stochastic)

wwwassa:
Thanks mladen I do it, but I have a once more question about schaff on deMarker indicator? it can be interesting.. regards

Sorry, but I fail to understand the idea completely so here is one attempt

If you are looking for DeMarker of Schaff you can not do that (DeMarker requires data that Schaff trend cycle lacks). If, on the other hand, you are looking for Schaff using DeMarker for calculation this is the one, but it is simply a bit smoother DeMarker than the original DeMarker using same period (upper is this indicator, lower is the DeMarker using the same period as DeMarker internally used in this indicator)

So the effect of applying Schall trend cycle calculation to DeMarker is not as "dramatic" as applying it to MACD or RSI. It is good that it is smoother (the longer the Schaff period is it wil be closer to original DeMarker) and if you need a smoother DeMarker then it is the one for you

As smoother DeMarker it is interesting. Thanks

mladen

Thanks for share this indicator but on my head it was different, mayby can You do schaff trend cycle of one MA (normal ma from the char price) or the center line from indicator os gaussian support rezistance?

I am looking for sometching what show me longer trend, not something like a downhill and holes. Beateful look ssrc but it repair, maybe indicator from this site can be useful for the future modification: Spearman's Rank Correlation - MQL4 Code Base

Regards

mladen:
Sorry, but I fail to understand the idea completely so here is one attempt

If you are looking for DeMarker of Schaff you can not do that (DeMarker requires data that Schaff trend cycle lacks). If, on the other hand, you are looking for Schaff using DeMarker for calculation this is the one, but it is simply a bit smoother DeMarker than the original DeMarker using same period (upper is this indicator, lower is the DeMarker using the same period as DeMarker internally used in this indicator)

So the effect of applying Schall trend cycle calculation to DeMarker is not as "dramatic" as applying it to MACD or RSI. It is good that it is smoother (the longer the Schaff period is it wil be closer to original DeMarker) and if you need a smoother DeMarker then it is the one for you
Reason: