Ema Cross! - page 81

cheers

really it's a privilege to know what codersguru has given on this forum, truly a class!!! thanks for all the time you spared, thoughts efforts and sacrifice for this EAs. i'm using it for live account now.

codersguru:
You mean closing any opened trades if the balance has been increased by x%?

Yes by x%.

Cheers

The EA cross 2 doesnt seem to make a sell order for me? From the backtesting when the short MA moves down through the long MA the EA is placing a buy order instead of a sell. So 27 Nov 2009 it blows my account on the back test and says close at stop.

Has anyone else seen this issue and know how to fix it?

Cheers

I have to re-write this aged Expert

Hi folks,

I think I have to re-write this aged Expert.

Any suggestions?

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Any suggestions?

Don't Ea's get Better with Age...like wine?

Pava:

Yes. But I forgot to cover the barrel.

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Any suggestions?
Pava:
codersguru:
Yes. But I forgot to cover the barrel.

codersguru, don't dring to much, close your barrel and rewrite.

Pava, wine is not to good with to many agesssss...

Bongo...I am still into hard liquor...not old enough for wine:)

ideas

Hello Coders,

First of all - love your work. I have just started reading your training guide to learn how to code my own EAs. After reading through it my hat goes off to you and the others in forex TSD that share your EAs and indis with those of us that look at the code you write and scratch our heads.

I just get the EA as it is to sell when it is meant to sell when the reversal switch is false (ie trading with the trend) when i set it to true (against the trend) it will buy and sell.

But i think good money management, stop and trailing loss and option for micro account.

On the stop loss side I have no idea if it is possible but is it possible to automatically set the stop loss at the last swing low or high?

Also perhaps a filter to minimise the fake crosses??

Cheers,

MA System with Three crows filter

Hi,

I have been working on an EMA crosing system that does not trade on all crossings but instead uses the position of two emas to validate entry conditions on a candlestick formation.

This is:

If short term EMA > Long term EMA and a three black crows formation appears a buy market order is activated

If short term EMA < Long term EMA and a three white soldiers formation appears a sell market order is activated.

A stop loss and take profit are set as multiples of ATR and a trailing stop is also set as a multiple of ATR.

I think that performance could be greatly improved if entry is not made on market but with a pending stop order, but that order must be cancelled if the market does not go in our way, in say two bars, but I have not been able to code that condition...... Some help would be very appreciated here .

I have attached the code and the results on a mini account on IBFX.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone would be interested in this post.

PS:

I accept all criticism with humility, and please be as hard as you want, it is my first EA (I acctualy created only the Candlestick code and the stop, tp, and TS code, the rest is part of other experts i found online and integrated into my code,so if you see something you have seen before, that is the reason, thanks to all those coders who have posted)

Reason: