Ema Cross! - page 79

Tonynyto:
do everyone have program used to backtest strategy? help me!

You need to donwload metatrader to backtest. hope that helps.

but backtesting isn't very reliable, that's the problem.

To counter or not to counter...THIS IS THE QUESTION

Hi All,

Sorry, but it is time to pontificate...

Firstly, I am not trying to be negative, just have an inteligent discussion... lets see how we go...

Second things is, I am just posing questions, looking for answers (maybe playing the devils advocate a bit...) I don't actually know the asnwers myself...

Point 1...

I have been in trading for a long time. I have worked in some of the biggest investment banks in the world and lived all over the world. When you start in trading everyone tells you "the rules"...

Rule 1: The trend is your friend... you can't beat it, so join it... that is how you make easy money...

Rule 2: Don't marry the trade... You can only back a loser so many times before you should give up...

Rule 3: Don't break rules 1 and 2...

Counter trend strategies break the 2 biggest rules in trading (maybe even the third )

Point 2...

I have a friend who is a DSP engineer. very smart guy.. His whole job is around analysing data mathematically and stripping out signals from noise... I often run my data and maths issues past him...

I produced an EA years ago that made STUPID money in backtesting... millions in a month... I got very excited until I found a coding errror in the EA. I fixed the coding error, and suddenly it didn't make money any more... I spoke about it to my mate. His answer was basically, if you analyse a system that appears to work, but you find it is not doing what you expect... then maybe you were expecting the wrong thing... (ie maybe the system didn't need fixing.. maybe my understanding needed fixing)

So the million dollar question is...

Counter trend trading breaks all the rules... but it seems that is can work... Who is right, the rules, or the figures...

Anyone care to share some thoughts???

Cheers

I want to be helped so that this indicator can show the recent candle colors. I want an alert when there is two candles of the same color in a row. I think the rsi and sar setting should be removed. I want to use it for candle counting

thanks

Files:

cci x

in relation to the CCI xover, it will help if you enter the CCI-55 on your chart and draw trap/trend lines under (when under zero) and over (when over zero).

What maximum drawdown can you accept? 20% or 10% of the account?

mrtools:
Have this version, hate to see you pay since you are student know funds must be tight for you!!!!

regards

tools

hi mrtools

why i can not use experts advice,i copy the universalMACrossEA[5dig]_wcci.mq4 to the experts folder,and i reopen the chart,then i load it in the chart,but i can not see its smill face. it does not work. how to make it work? hope you can help me,thank you

yourspace

yourspace:
hi mrtools

why i can not use experts advice,i copy the universalMACrossEA[5dig]_wcci.mq4 to the experts folder,and i reopen the chart,then i load it in the chart,but i can not see its smill face. it does not work. how to make it work? hope you can help me,thank you

yourspace

Hi Yourspace,

It's working for me you might try go to tools/options/expert advisors then make sure you have enable expert advisors, and allow live trading, allow dll imports, and allow external experts imports checked the only one you need for this EA is enable expert advisors checked but i check all the others for other goodies in case you want to use those other things in the future

Regards

tools

mrtools:
Hi Yourspace,

It's working for me you might try go to tools/options/expert advisors then make sure you have enable expert advisors, and allow live trading, allow dll imports, and allow external experts imports checked the only one you need for this EA is enable expert advisors checked but i check all the others for other goodies in case you want to use those other things in the future

Regards

tools

hi mrtools

thank you for your help, i know how to set,but why can it make orders automatically? i use it in 1M timeframe,and i wainting for about a hour,but it does not make an order. maybe i need copy some indicators to the indicators folder. hope you can help me.thank you

yourspace

hi mrtools

thank you ,now i can use it.

yourspace

Reason: