grid193

Hey Gurus,

My first post in this forum!!!

I having demo-testing the grid193 on Eur-USD for about a week and it seems to have good results. However, when I try to back test it, the results are horrible. I am using the basic default settings. I still feel this grid EA has great potentials and hence here I am with some basic questions.

1) Is there any way of automated managing the Equity, for eg. the grid closes all positions and restarts itself when the equity reaches a profit of $ 100.

Can I use this EA settings ?

ProfitTarget – if set to a number, will close all positions once that dollar value is reached – $ 10

If not can I use a different equity management EA?

2) I realized that the EA only works when the market is ranging, so I was wondering is there is any way of defining the width of the grid. The basic idea behind being, closing the grid if the market starts to trend strongly (or avoid whipsaws).

I came across some setting in the grid 193 which might so this function, but they dont seem to work I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in getting these settings to work

The following are the setting I have been refering to:

GridOffset – default is zero – used if you want to have orders at fractional ent

LongGridCenter - defines the center point of a fixed width long grid ; default is 0

ShortGridCenter - defines the center point of a fixed width short grid ; default is 0

LongGridLow-defines the bottom of a fixed width long grid – default is

LongGridHigh-defines the top of a fixed width long grid – default is

ShortGridLow-defines the bottom of a fixed width short grid – default is

ShortGridHigh-defines the top of a fixed width short grid – default is

Basically, what I am looking for is a manual or automated (calculated as difference between a Faster SMA and a Slower SMA) divergence function which will avoid entering and allow exiting if there's a strong trend. Can anyone please program this function? thanks

I tried to upload mq4 but couldnot, but its freely available in most forums.