Volatility Expansion system! - page 7

Description of TDW filter you can read in L.Williams book "Long-Term Secrets to Short-term Trading" (Chapter 4 and other).

In input data you can find this:

extern string Trade = " Trade Days of Week";

extern bool Monday = true;

extern bool Tuesday = true;

extern bool Wednesday = true;

extern bool Thursday = true;

extern bool Friday = true;

By switch 'true' on 'false' you can choose the most profitable days of week after backtesting.

astpaul:
I was planning on do some development but i arrive too late. Great Job!!!! Where one can find such filter ?

I think he was thinking about timefilter (optional) which exists in this EA to avoid trading on Monday or Friday for example.

igorad:
Hi,

I'm really glad to know that EA is working

For changing of lots number is good idea to use L.Williams Money Management (see Chapter 13 in his book).

For better results try to use TDW filter (Trade Day of Week) .

This EA has all these options.

Igor

Igor, you are absolutely right. The TDW and MM make this system really what Larry Williams made it out to be.

Following are what I think are optimised best scenario data for this system on the GBP/USD:

Buy/Sell: 130%

SL: 70%

Account 10000$

TDW - trades only on monday and friday

so in the EA monday and friday are "true" and rest are false.

MM - true

The results are really astounding and I will leave it for you to figure it out.

But modelling quality is still at 43% and I would ask another member with a good databank to test it out.

I hope we get some more participation on this as the combinations are endless. SO if someone can get better report than this plz post it here.

300% returns for 5 months,, I would love to see the results for last 1 year or more.

Unfortunately I have not worked on eur/usd as I dont think that it has enuff volatility.

Igor, you are a genius, BTW are you the captian of Urban Pluto on moneytec??

Enjoy

In the previous post I have given the parameters and I saw the profit% about 87% which is spectacular.

The following is what is possibe with MM.

I have changed the MM parameters to 0.4 or 40%

It brings the profits to over 90,000$ on an account of 10k.

Surprisingly if you increase the MM parameters above 40%, the system looses quite heavily.

We can take a safe 15% and make enuff money.

Super system??

I hope so.

Ofcourse the decision to make is to sit and daytrade or just put in the orders as per this system. There are so less trades in one week (monday and friday) and lesser in a month. But at the month end you will probably make more than all the guys daytrading.

Plz come up with better testing quality results.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for good words

We do the common business.

FXiGoR is one of my partners, it's not me.

My backtest on EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar),

2004.06.22 15:00 - 2006.02.08 16:00, 1H

default settings without MM but 1 Lot

Modelling quality 89.99%

Files:

krall:
My backtest on EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar),

2004.06.22 15:00 - 2006.02.08 16:00, 1H

default settings without MM but 1 Lot

Modelling quality 89.99%

As I mentioned earlier , the eur does not have sufficient volatility.

Your test shows profatibility of about 57% which is average. However with TDW and MM, you can increase the profitibility.

I hope someone can post test results for GBP/USD with MM and TDW of monday and friday only. Gbp has lot of volatility which is ideal for this type of strategy.

Thanks

radicalmoses:
As I mentioned earlier , the eur does not have sufficient volatility.

Your test shows profatibility of about 57% which is average. However with TDW and MM, you can increase the profitibility.

Thanks

Hi,

I ve read this thread twice and I do not get WHICH EA are you using for testing, can you please post or advice?? Did you make any changes in this EA? Pls help, I am very interesting in this great system...

Thanks,

glader

Hi,

Now we are testing SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.

Igor

glader:
Hi,

I ve read this thread twice and I do not get WHICH EA are you using for testing, can you please post or advice?? Did you make any changes in this EA? Pls help, I am very interesting in this great system...

Thanks,

glader

The EA is in post 45, plz read and attach to your chart.

The changes are :

Buy/Sell: 130%

SL: 50%

TDW : Monday and friday only

MM: true

Hope that helps

Reason: