Discussion - page 18

Well.

First of all I want to say that I am using this data for backtesting https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174189

Besides I stoped testing some EAs and some pairs (see weekly performance thread in this section).

New EAs was started to test:

- qq EA; This EA is very interesting. Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175548

It is very simple EA. One trade for one week forward testing with +70 pips.

Look at the statement in Portfolio section and in weekly performance thread, weekly winners/total winners threads.

- FXAnt 1.3 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173748/page4

There are very good thread about this EA. I optimized the settings or H1 timeframe and made all the settings by default for all 9 testing pairs. No any trades for 1 and half a week so far.

- EA which is managing all open trades, or just trades with particular magic number. Author is Igorad. Very promising tool (attached). https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174881

Please read the whole thread before using this EA. Many people are asking about this EA in public forum but i decided to post it in elite section. But, anyway, this EA is not a secret so if we have a lot of requests to post it in publc so, may be ...

Last week was very difficult for almost all EAs which look profitable:

- Our step leader (StepMAExpert 1.42) lost some money but still profitable (statements attached).

- I started to test the new versions StepMAExpert 1.45 and no any trades furing the past week.

- 20 pips EA is increasing profit slowly (this EA lost some pips month ago).

See the statements in portfolo section.

- All Scalp_net versions did very good profit last week. Mostly more than +300 pips for almost every version. Some of the versions are very profitable.

- Goldwarrior with/without timefilter are still profitable.

- Enelope2.11 did not trade.

- Some versions of Brainwashibng EA was profitable.

But not for all pairs. And not always. I decided to test all the versions all together in one Metatrader.

- SBS and TPE EAs was very profitable but the lost some pips last week. Still profitable. Many orders was closed in profit on Monday with SBS and TPE EAs.

- Mandarine EA lost some pips last week as week. But I look at the trades now and 4 orders are opne with more than 250 pips in profit (did not close yet).

andydoc:
Just that if some EAs have been traded longer than others, and this is an absolute gain, it is not a fair comparison. However, obviously longer tests should carry more weight.

Perhaps the EAs should be listed in order of Weighted Average Pips per week where the PIPS for a given week are multiplied by the number of four week periods that have expired since that week, and then the total added weighted PIPS divided by the total number of weeks.

Just a thought - kick it into touch if you don't think it's valuable!

I suppose the reason I looked at it is that Firebird, for example, is not featuring in the recent weekly winners, but still features in the long term winners. It may be that over time the newer ones will show themselves better, but then again, Firebird may come back to knock them off. Alternatively newer EAs may arrive better than both.

The other thing is, I very much like Cardio's idea of a Master EA. The alternative would be one EA combining EAs for Trending, Ranging and News Markets. The Trending vs. Ranging would be relatively easy - one could use Firebird's Divergence feature. News would have to be managed by manually entering news times and turning off ranging and trending functions for a given period, and turning on a news EA instead.

Regards

Andy

I am fully agree with Cardio's idea to develop some kind of Portfolio Manager EA (firstly this idea was described in Portfolio thread by somebody). First of all we need to develop some script describing the market condition. Anyway I was thinking about this idea during the several month because it is very difficult task and i did not see such kind of EA anywhere. Anyway we will do it. Because Portfolio Manager EA is difficult task: it is not like members said "please do it" and i replied "yes sir yes!" and coded it immediately. Sorry but me and Igorad are doing it during the one month already and it is really not easy.

Weekly pips is just weekly pips. That's all. It is how may pips EA did during the week according to the statement for every pair.

Total leaders are the pips as well. From the beginning. Personally i am using weekly performance thread to analyze something. Total leaders thread i am using using to remind to myself about some particular EA. Because we do not need any competition between EAs' performance. Total leaders are just a remider. Nothing more.

Weekly performance thread is more usefull.

I think we will have the new thread soon: yearly winners: EAs which were profitable during the one year (and more) forward testing. I think the results should be posted (re-posted) as monthly results (12 months for example). In this case we may compare EAs which were profitable during the one year. We may do it in December/January.

Firebird EA. I really don't understand why this EA is so popular and everybody is so worry about this EA. May be because of some expectation. Sorry but i think I will stop testing this EA soon. Because it is much more interesting to test EAs which may be profitable (1), which are having some reasonable risk (2) and which were developed inside our forum (3). Firebird is not (1), not (2) and not (3). Anyway I can not ignore opinion of many members but want to say it is very risky to use this EA with real money untill we will find the way how to use this EA in particular market condition.

We have something to develop and tested.

There is asctrend thread in this elite secton and in public forum. I think we may develop few EAs and test it. One EA was developed already and I will post it after fixing some bugs.

There is very good thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174753

I am just waiting for the final version with pre-set files and afer that i may test it.

There are many EAs which were not tested yet (in files' thread and in Portfolio thread).

I am getting a lot of PMs with one request: please send me Portfolio manager EA. And because of that I want to say that this EA does not exist yet. First of all we need to create the script for forecasting the market condition. Second, we need to test this script on Firebird EA for example (because this Firebird is profitable in particular market condition). If everything is ok so we may code EA for portfolio (Portfolio Manager). This EA will manage all the EAs in portfolio, and according to the market condition as well.

We have all the library files to code it. The problem now is to create the script describbing and forecasting the market condition. When we finish it I will post of course.

Last week was very difficult for almost all EAs.

- Brainwashing all the versions did not any profit. ust some profit for some pairs.

- DayTrading3, timefilter did +102 pips in profit and no any losses.

- Envelope 2.11 did not trade this week.

- Firebird v0.65 and Firebird v0.65, timefilter were very profitable during the past week: +112 pips for Firebird v0.65 and +244 pips for Firebird v0.65 with timefilter.

- GoldWarrior02b lost 100 pips but still have +1061 pips since January this year. This EA is not trading often. This EA is much more profitable with EURUSD.

- GoldWarrior02b with timefilter lost 100 pips as well but this EA is having +1172 pips since January this year. This EA is trading just sometimes. It is mch more profitable with GBPUSD.

- KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15 did 38 trades since 02nd of Janary this year and we have +80 pips now. It is not risky EA at all.

- Mandarine and Mandarine with timefilter lost some money. But it is normal for this EA as we know that this EA may increase and recover deposit very quickly.

- all Scalp_net versions are in very good profit now. Less risky is Scalp_net_v1.5.

- StepMA EAs all the versions lost some profit for some pairs but increase the profit for the other pairs. This week was very difficult for all the versions.

- easyLMA_v6 EA lost some profit. But this EA is trading just sometimes (1 or 3 times per month) and it is in profit. It is not risky EA.

- e-Friday_v1 and e-Monday_LS are lossing the monay during the several week already. But it is long play EAs and profit should be calculated during the 3 months testing.

- PriceChannelExpert_v4 are lossing. But it is very long play EA and trading once per 2 months per pair. So one week or one month is nothing for this kind of EAs.]

- SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21 (less of risk) and TradersPowerExpert_v1.2 (medium risk) are still proftable.

- StepEnvelope_v1 should be improved. I think I will stop testing this version.

- GridMACD EA did not trade this week.

- MaChannel did +563 pips for this week and +1646 pips totally since the beginning of July.

- PriceCross had losses this week but still profitable for USDCHF.

- I stop testing USD Hunter EA and will start to test Xp_EMAs EA instead.

- qq_v2.1_eurusd_MM did not trade this week. This EA is very good backtesting for EURUSD. Besides, this version is having hidden stop loss and hidden tale profit. Profitable now.

- I start to test FXAnt 1.3 with 9 pairs using my pre-set files. No trades so far.

I think u can use iStdDev function for this. Just incerase and decerase the price by that value and u will get standard deviation bands.

I cant run Gold Warrior in my demo

For some reason i cant run the Gold Warrior in my demo. Iam getting the error as below

2006.09.05 20:38:16 Cannot open file 'D:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\GoldWarrior02b.1.ex4' on the EURUSD,M15

can you help ?

--Aakif

Hello,

Iam so much impressed about this elite group and it is awesome i found this site. NewDigital, can you please guide a good EA to start with a initial capital of $ 3000 US.

Thanks

Aakif

aakif:
Hello,

Iam so much impressed about this elite group and it is awesome i found this site. NewDigital, can you please guide a good EA to start with a initial capital of $ 3000 US.

Thanks

Aakif

As to GoldWarrior02b so look at Goldwarrior thread in this elite section. Or compile it. Remember that it is EA and should be in /experts folder.

About using EAs with real money so look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952

Some people sent PM to me asking for normal statements for Codersguru EAs because they are using MTreport to analyze the data. So please find the statement.

Files:
contest.zip  35 kb
Reason: