FXAnt EA - page 4

Nicholishen:
Yes. Here's the quick mod. Good luck testing.

Thanks Nicholishen, you are great. I have a couple questions.

Will the trade reverse if the conditions are met with the crossing of the 20/80 lines?

Thanks.

holyguy7:
Thanks Nicholishen, you are great. I have a couple questions.

Will the trade reverse if the conditions are met with the crossing of the 20/80 lines?

Thanks.

No. There aren't any coded closing conditions. As per your request the only thing that it does is confirms the buy or sell if both are > 80 or < 20 for sell. A potential option would be to look to open the trade after sto has been in the OBOS territory and then is returning to normal levels....

Nicholishen:
No. There aren't any coded closing conditions. As per your request the only thing that it does is confirms the buy or sell if both are > 80 or < 20 for sell. A potential option would be to look to open the trade after sto has been in the OBOS territory and then is returning to normal levels....

Alright, could you add that option in. I will keep it open but I have a feeling that I won't get any (or very few trades) on this.

Thanks

The following is the last 2 days with this EA. Perhaps this will get your attention.

FxAnt 1.2

Daily timeframe

No timefilter

Stoploss: 30

Take profit: 30-60 depending on currency pairs.

SuperFXAnt

Hi All,

I've been working on maximizing the settings on this EA. I've edited the FXAnt EA to fit my liking. To do this I've taken some code from the UniversalMACrossEA and FXAnt(HG) EA to maximize the potential of the EA. I used the MM section of the UniversalMACrossEA and the MaxTrade section of the FXAnt(HG). I've also added the option to be able to change how much the current bar has to spread before a trade is executed. This is a crucial factor in maximizing profit.

The EA takes into account the pip spread between bid and ask of whatever currency pair you attach it to. The default settings are those that I found to be optimal for the EUR/USD except for the starting lot could be changed or the MaxTrades could be changed to give a larger profit. The default settings keep risk to a maximum of 1.7%.

Now, I have complete data on EUR/USD from the present back to 12/30/2004. That is approximately 16 months. I ran the EA over that time period on the Strategy Testor. The most that it ever risks on any given trade is 1.7% (this is because of the stoploss). The Risk parameter was set to 10% but the most that could be lost on one trade is 1.7%. Just so you know, the Risk parameter can't be set to less than 10. The TF is 30min.

My results are below.

Hey Huhenyo,

RE: SUPERFXANT

Nice mod you did here, test it on EUR/USD and GBP/USD with a slight change to the targets, entries and stops. Man.. great results, started account with USD 5k and ended up with USD $9 Million with EUR/USD, and USD $14 Million with GBP/USD for year 2005.

Hmm funny thing is that it didn't DL Jan, March & April 05 data for the test.

Have you tried it on live data yet? How's it going so far?

Anyone else tried this EA?

huhenyo:
Hi All,

I've been working on maximizing the settings on this EA. I've edited the FXAnt EA to fit my liking. To do this I've taken some code from the UniversalMACrossEA and FXAnt(HG) EA to maximize the potential of the EA. I used the MM section of the UniversalMACrossEA and the MaxTrade section of the FXAnt(HG). I've also added the option to be able to change how much the current bar has to spread before a trade is executed. This is a crucial factor in maximizing profit.

The EA takes into account the pip spread between bid and ask of whatever currency pair you attach it to. The default settings are those that I found to be optimal for the EUR/USD except for the starting lot could be changed or the MaxTrades could be changed to give a larger profit. The default settings keep risk to a maximum of 1.7%.

Now, I have complete data on EUR/USD from the present back to 12/30/2004. That is approximately 16 months. I ran the EA over that time period on the Strategy Testor. The most that it ever risks on any given trade is 1.7% (this is because of the stoploss). The Risk parameter was set to 10% but the most that could be lost on one trade is 1.7%. Just so you know, the Risk parameter can't be set to less than 10. The TF is 30min.

My results are below.

Your modelling quality is 40%, it's worthless testing.

I tested this with 90% modelling quality and my equity went to 0.

No disrespect to you guys, but this is a dead thread. The project has been renamed profit generator and some significant development and testing has been done. You will want to check out that thread before you commit too much time to this ea. Just a helpful tip IMHO...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173795

Nicholishen:
No disrespect to you guys, but this is a dead thread. The project has been renamed profit generator and some significant development and testing has been done. You will want to check out that thread before you commit too much time to this ea. Just a helpful tip IMHO... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173795

Exactly right Nick. And by the way, the EA is profitable with the right settings. Will I give those settings, no, those are trade secrets. Just keep testing and you will find some settings that will be consistently profitable.

holyguy7:
Exactly right Nick. And by the way, the EA is profitable with the right settings. Will I give those settings, no, those are trade secrets. Just keep testing and you will find some settings that will be consistently profitable.

100% agree about it. I either find some settings.

Reason: