StepMAExpert_EAs - page 12

FutureMillionaire?:
Sorry, I realise it's MoneyManagement, but I'm not sure exactly what that is. Also, you have SessionStart and SessionEnd. Isn't it 24h? If so, do I set SessionStart to 0 ?

MM is Money management (lot size is increasing/decreasing according to the profit/losses/deposit size).

Session start and end it is EA is working within those hours. Keep it like this (8 and 24). Or just change this 8 to 7 for example (up to your broker. Usually i am not changing those 8 and 24.

Thanks.

It's running again now, with the new setup. Let's hope this performs better.

The thing I don't understand. If the EA needs these files to work, why didn't it come up with an error, if the files weren't there?

FutureMillionaire?:
Thanks.

It's running again now, with the new setup. Let's hope this performs better.

The thing I don't understand. If the EA needs these files to work, why didn't it come up with an error, if the files weren't there?

set files is just a settings of EA. And concerning indicator so you should get the error: check Experts journal below MteaTrader's window or check some log file - should be error.

But I agree with you: very strange that EA traded without indicator.

I just feel that you have some illusions about this kind of EA.

Look at the performance of this EA weekly. Just how many pips per week (without any summarizing). For example: first week EA did -54 pips, next week did ... and so on (without any total).

Starting from 27th of August - 03rd of September week (every number is just weekly profit/loss):

GBPUSD: -54; 0; 0; 0; 0; 315; 0; -89; 158; 276; 16; 152; 288; 0.

USDCHF: 0; 0; 0; 0; 121; 10; 0; 0; 0; 0; -109; 0; -7; 17.

FutureMillionaire?:
Oh yes it did. It was GBPUSD I was trading when it lost £162. But can I block out the news times?

GBPUSD did not trade today. Did you used pre-set files? there are different for different pairs.

If we can block some news so EA will trade just 4 orders in a year.

Look at the performance on the previous post.

newdigital:
Did you used pre-set files?

Yes, the ones you showed me in your post #109

newdigital:
I just feel that you have some illusions about this kind of EA.

Which kind would you suggest produces consistent results?

Reason: