Scalp_net - page 38

Hi ND.

I try this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general version of this ea.

So at backtesting i keep getting Scalp_net_v1.5 EURUSD,M5: OrderModify error 1

And Ea is loosing badly with a preset files included in this ea.

It is long to test this ea. But it is already seen.

test is being made from Januar 2009

I cant upload new test i receive this from forum

:stace, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:

Files:

All Scalp_net versions are performing differently with different brokers. Besides, backtesting will not be the same with forward testing for most of Scalp_net versions.

As to 1. version so you can look at the performance with RAS: IDs 484 and 186.

All Scalp_net versions is just MA indicators crossing filtered by some other indicators. As we all know: no any system can be stable for many months if this system is based on MA indicators crossing 9EMA crossing or any).

By the way, 1.5 version is most stable during the forward testing.

Why you need to backtest? I am forward testing for few years No need to backtest anything. We are backtesting sometimes just to understand how EA works, when trailing stop will be moved ... just for programming cases ...

But for performance - forward testing only.

Most good performed version is Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf: ID 417 with RAS. You can see advanced stats. Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf EA is most simple and most stable. Stable for Alpari rus broker only. That is why we need RAS: using RAS so you can have same performance as in ID 417 with any broker.

----------

Which access? Which page? I do not understand sorry ...

newdigital:
Which version? There are many versions here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

The version is scalpnet v1.5tf. Unable to trade lot size less than 0.1 lot. Thanks.

And this mladen's version is working with 0.01 lot size as I see:

Files:

Yes backtest now made faster. Thanks Mladen.

But still ea loosing badly on backtest.

And trading profitable in forward test.

Why you are looking for backtest?

It is not reliable in most of the cases ...

newdigital:
And trading profitable in forward test.

Why you are looking for backtest?

It is not reliable in most of the cases ...

Ye maybe you're right about backtests....seems to me this tester is junk.

could you show some forward test?

Backtesting section of ellite section is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

This section is for forweard testing only. I mean: all the figures which you see on this section - forward testing only.

This EA is connected with RAS. Besides, you can see the performance in normal statements, statements by paits in pips/dollars, and in exscel files.\Read this thread first: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

But you are right: EAs based on EMA crossing can not be stable for long term trading without the settings changed (all Scalp_net versions are based on MA crossing).

stace:
Yes backtest now made faster. Thanks Mladen. But still ea loosing badly on backtest.

I am afraid that there is a misunderstanding :

I did not change the logic of this EA (as ND told this EA is froward tested extensively, there is simply no need to change anything in the logic of it)

What I did is :

• removed that orderModify error 1 (which, in the end, caused slightly slower execution of this EA since there were unnecessary operations requested)
  • added the 4/5 digit automatic recognition so that for example 100 pips stopLoss is 100 on 4 and 5 digit broker and not 10 as it would be on a 5 digit broker if the change was not made (you would have to enter 1000 for a 5 digit broker to make it 100 pips worth)
  • changed the indicator - for it's speed again - results of the "new" indicator are completely equal as the "old" ones (this flaw in the indicator along with the nagging orderModify error 1 were the actual reasons to make any modification of this EA at all)

As of back-tests : metatrader does not have tick data in any form (historical, nor does it store it in real time), so back-testing for EAs like this, the only reliable test is the forward testing and since there is a couple of years of forward testing, that should be the "determining" factor

hope this clarifies some things

regards

mladen

Hope you won't mind that I answer the part about orderModify error 1:
it is an error and it is not. It is an error in a sense that the code is trying to modify an order and actually the values are the same so there is nothing to change. So there was nothing to do in the first place

we can thank that error to the way metatrader compares values. We have to normalize values of even the OrderStopLoss() value or any value returned from order handling function and then compare. Then there will be no orderModify errors 1

Anyway, posted here the version from the second attached file from the link (the "mini" version) you posted too https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general that does not have that orderModify error now (in testing I did not find it any more). Some minor changes have been done also (the 4/5 digit brokers)

Also, the original XO is coded in a way that it always calculates all the bars, and that makes it a very slow one (hence the tests for this ea are so slow). Attached a version of XO that does not do that and does the job faster (just try the backtest, you'll see what I mean ) and gives the same results as the original XO. In the posted version of the EA it is already replaced, so no need to replace it. In other versions you can simply replace these lines of scalp_net code :

double diIXO10=iCustom(NULL,0,"I_XO_A_H",PeriodIXO,0,0);

double diIXO21=iCustom(NULL,0,"I_XO_A_H",PeriodIXO,1,0);

[/php]with these

[php] double diIXO10=iCustom(NULL,0,"XO_forEA",PeriodIXO,0,0);

double diIXO21=iCustom(NULL,0,"XO_forEA",PeriodIXO,1,0);

PS: updated XO_forEA indicator to adjust itself to 4/5 digits brokers too (see this post for reasons : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371 )

regards

mladen

stace:
Hi ND.

I try this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general version of this ea.

So at backtesting i keep getting Scalp_net_v1.5 EURUSD,M5: OrderModify error 1

And Ea is loosing badly with a preset files included in this ea.

It is long to test this ea. But it is already seen.

test is being made from Januar 2009

I cant upload new test i receive this from forum

:stace, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:
Files:
Reason: