Scalp_net - page 32

1 trade was closed today for Scalp_net_v1.5.

Updated statements for for Scalp_net_v1.5.

One trade is open now:

How well does backtesting tell how well the system will do in real life?

I have made so tweaks and have found some very good results in backtesting. Going to start forward testing it now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

bfons808:
How well does backtesting tell how well the system will do in real life? ...

No. My understanding of backtesting is different. I am usng backtesting just to see: EA is working or not, or to select MM or lot size.

To understand performance I am forward testing for many months and even in this case it is not garantee of future performance.

By backtesting we can preliminary estimate some settings for example. But final opinion - forward test only.

micro lots

can you tell me if it works with micro lots at fx dd, i tried it on demo but got no results

roberto59:
can you tell me if it works with micro lots at fx dd, i tried it on demo but got no results

yes, it should work with micro lots.

If you tried Scalp_net_v1.5 so this EA is not trading often (do not forget that this EA is using indicators).

thanks

i'm using version 1.2 with .01 lots, with maximum risk 0, do i have to use indicator for the 1.2?

No. This EA (1.2 and 1.3 versions) are using standard Metatrader indicators. You do not need to attach or place any indicator. Just EA only.

You can see it by yourself from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371/page2 (it is manual trading system so you can trade it manually if you want. Just standard metatrader indicators.

Everything was coded inside EA so you need just one EA only.

ok?

i want to tade only .01 lots ,so is the setting " 0" risk ok ?

thanks again for your help

Yes, you are right: This EA should be improved to work wth 0.01 lot size and with MM for 0.01 lot size.

I asked Igorad to improve all 8 Scalp_net versions.

Reason: