Firebird EA - page 19

fxspeedster:
I have 2 questions regarding Firebird65tf.

1. As you can see in the attached screen firebird65tf opened 2 positions on EUR and 2 on CHF. Is it supposed to open multiple simultaneous positions?

2. Every pair traded has its own separate magic number and the same settings (presets). Why on certain pairs (GBP,GBPJPY,AUD,CAD) does it show "non-trading hours" but on some others it does not? As I said settings are the same for all pairs.

Thanks!

1. You mean that EA should open EURUSD and USDCHF simultaniously for buy and sell?

I am not author of this EA. But I see some complicated logic inside the code:

if((myMA*(1+Percent/100))<Bid && Direction!=22 && (Bid>=(LastPrice+(CurrentPipStep*Point)) || myTotal==0) ) // Go SHORT -> Only sell if >= 30 pips above previous position entry[/CODE]

So as i understand there are many conditions to open the order. One of the condition is the following: Only sell if >= 30 pips above previous position entry. And opposite for buy.

Besides EA is controlling the orders opened. It means this EA is controlling losses and profit not for one order only and this EA may stop openning the order on USDCHF today (if we had many losses for example) and continue day with EURUSD for example.

And this EA is controlling the number of orders as well.

So it should not be the same for EURUSD and USDCHF.

2. When non-trading hours so EA will show "non-trading hours on the chart. But if EA wants to show something different (last price= ..., for example) so EA will show it and "non-trading hours will not be visible.

For example:

LastPrice=OrderOpenPrice();

myTotal = myTotal +1;

Comment("LastPrice=",DoubleToStr(LastPrice, 10));

break;[/CODE]

And the following:

if (UseHourTrade){

if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade&&Hour()<=ToHourTrade)){

Comment("Non-Trading Hours!");

return(0);

}

}

So sometimes EA is showing Non-Trading Hours!, sometimes LastPrice=.

I think it is not necessary to show any non-trading hours message because timefilter code is very simple and this code will work irrespective of the message. If you don't want to see any "non-trading hours" message so delete the comment.

Change this code

[CODE]if (UseHourTrade){

Comment("Non-Trading Hours!");

return(0);

}

}

On to this one:

[CODE]if (UseHourTrade){

return(0);

}

}

(means delete this line Comment("Non-Trading Hours!"); and compile EA).

And EA will show you LastPrice= ... message only.

Few words about timefilter.

If you select for EA to work between 8 and 18 so EA will open orders starting from 8:00 am and will finish at 18:59. And it is Metatrader server time.

Please find timefilter's versions of Firebird:

- Firebird with timefilter;

- with timefilter and without comments "Non-Trading Hours";

- anti-timefilter (EA which is not trading in selected hours);

- anti-timefilter without comments "Non-Trading Hours".

Is it possible IBFX might be blocking trades with Firebird somehow? I can't get it to do anything - it's bit sitting there for two days now. I've got the latest version with the timefilter. Can brokers detect what EA's you're using such as scalpers and heavy duty pip gobblers like Firebird? Just curious.

bluto:
Is it possible IBFX might be blocking trades with Firebird somehow? I can't get it to do anything - it's bit sitting there for two days now. I've got the latest version with the timefilter. Can brokers detect what EA's you're using such as scalpers and heavy duty pip gobblers like Firebird? Just curious.

No I don't think so.

I don't think that IBFX is blocking. This EA is not scalper.

Please find the statements since Monday concerning closed and open trades now.

Firebird is firing

Dear NewDigital,

I was forward testing in live acc with micro lot in IBFX.

im using firebird 065 with the tempate and setting as per your guide. this EA without time filter.

Yesterday trading in USD/CHF, this EA open 129 position simultanouesly. and most of the position is closed with SL with -ve profit.

luckyly all the position open in micro lot = 0.01 so the losses also minimal.

is this normal for this EA or something wrong.

previously it happen when i using in G/U. but later i have close all positon open by Firebird manually with little profit and i stop using this EA in G/U

regard

CF

crazy_forex:
Dear NewDigital,

I was forward testing in live acc with micro lot in IBFX.

im using firebird 065 with the tempate and setting as per your guide. this EA without time filter.

Yesterday trading in USD/CHF, this EA open 129 position simultanouesly. and most of the position is closed with SL with -ve profit.

luckyly all the position open in micro lot = 0.01 so the losses also minimal.

is this normal for this EA or something wrong.

previously it happen when i using in G/U. but later i have close all positon open by Firebird manually with little profit and i stop using this EA in G/U

regard

CF

The same with me.

I don't know normal or not but this EA is tading like this once per 3 moths.

Sometimes in profit, sometimes not.

BTW it was ok with USDCHF.

Now we have more diffcult situation with GBPUSD.

Please find the statements for this week (closed and open trades for Firebird with and without timefilter).

Files:

newdigital:
The same with me.

Please find the statements for this week (closed and open trades for Firebird with and without timefilter).

any idea how to avoid this type of trading using the firebird ea.

Admin,

how are you getting so many -$15 on GBP/US on Firebird TF?

there is an -$80 trade, and the SL is set to -300 or so, isn't it?

Are you manually closing trades at -$15?

newdigital:
The same with me.

bradman:
Admin,

how are you getting so many -$15 on GBP/US on Firebird TF?

there is an -$80 trade, and the SL is set to -300 or so, isn't it?

Are you manually closing trades at -$15?

No, I am not closing anything manually.

As everybody knows already I am not Firebird-lover. So I really don't care about performance of this EA and I am not closing anything manually. I wanted to stop testing this EA few months ago. But I got a lot of requests (from the people who like this EA) to continue testing.

I see from my settings the following:

- StopLoss = 130;// total loss on all open positions in pips

- PipStep= 30;//if position goes this amount of pips against you add another.

- IncreasementType =0;//0=just add every PipStep, >0 =OrdersToal()^x *Pipstep

I changed many brokers and account testing this EA since January 2006. So please find the recent statements (attached) from Metatrader which I have now.

Files:
total_pips.zip  93 kb
open_pips.zip  4 kb
week_pips.zip  10 kb

So we know why EA are closing many trades (stop loss is for all of them - not for 1 order only).

But why this EA is openning so many trades at the time sometimes?

I see inside the code the following condition to open buy for example:

if((myMA*(1-Percent/100))>Ask && Direction!=11 && (Ask Only buy if >= 30 pips below previous position entry[/CODE]

So you may see this text: Only buy if >= 30 pips below previous position entry".

But what is the myMA?

[CODE]double myMA =iMA(NULL,MA_timeframe,MA_length,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0);

So as we see, the myMA is simple MA with period 10 (settings of EA) on the current open bar. Current open bar (and sma value) may be changed all the time within one open bar (current bar which was not closed yet. And it is M15 timeframe.

May be for this reason this EA is openning many trades.

Reason: