Channel trading system - page 8

Just some image about what i am testing now. And some other images are on zip file.

Files:

newdigital:
Just some image about what i am testing now. And some other images are on zip file.

Hi ND,

What's the name of the channel you are using?

Newdigital

Have you tried the channel testing with any ranging pairs?

ET

This channel https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172920

I am testingit for M5 timeframe for 15 different pairs simultaniously.

I am testing just to estimate the trading technique rules: trading technique using channels (support/resistance etc0 are very difficult so i am trying to prictice with it. I will post everything of course later. Just need to be more comfortable with it.

We are having channel trading system for H1, H4 and D1 timeframe. So it will be system for M5 timeframe.

Results for today:

GBPJPY: +69 pips.

EURCHF: -15.

GBPCHF: +20.

EURGBP: +10.

USDCAD: -20.

USDJPY: +17.

It is very difficult to trade many pairs simultaniously and i am doing it just to test the trading technique with this channel (not for profit).

et_phonehome_2:
Newdigital

Have you tried the channel testing with any ranging pairs?

ET

When I see something written on the chart: 'Width of the channel: 13, not trading' so i am not trading 'inside the channel' in this case and looking for breakout.

Everything is written on the chart by indicators so it is not difficult to understand everything. But as this system is 'price action' system so it should be good trading technique developed for this system and that is why it is so difficult for me now and i am trying to test it before post. Yesterday I tested MM, today - correctional trade (some trades were as counter trade), tomorrow will test enter and exit, then will test trading during the news.

Everything is moving on the chart: price, channel indicator, Maksigen indicator, breakout levels, support/resistance lines, PT indicator (it is MTF indicator)

Only RSI filter indicator and MaksiGen_KaHaJI_CkaJIneP indicator (horizontal channel in blue color and text about width) are not moving together with price.

So, basicly it is price action system.

Mp -- Channels, Indicators They Love And Entry And Exit Thingies !

hey

recent here and junior member, but forex has been what keeps me alive for the past 6 years. Ive made tons of mistakes and learned a lot from them, so now I make a lot fewer !

I'm known as an "indicator geek", having come up with a few "systems" for the equity world, which are NO WHERE near as predictive as Forex, but still there are 7500 copies out there wandering around.

over the years, I took the original system (which relied HEAVILY on the LRC) and modified it to use on my quotetracker and MT4 charts, and its pretty danged good at this point for both my usual 1 min, 5 min, 15 min scalps, 30 min flips up to the H4 --- heck, I even use the weekly charts and just sit back with a core position and then daytrade the living daylights around that core position, playing the intraday reversals and flips.

enough of me - - - - - - -

for me, the LRC is the king and queen of indicators, followed by "some" form of zig zag, dynamic support and resistance indicators and a trend indicator --- with these, I can trade 4 timeframes at once, and they always seem to hit !

now where im heading is simple --- for each one of the above indicators I have found MANY indicators that do the job VERY well. For a trend indicator, I use 4 MA crosses and a modified MACD, all superimposed on each other --- it works wonderfully BUT SO DOES a bunch of the other "predictive" indicators !

For dynamic support and resistance I use "trend signal", "zig zag pointer, "support resistance", "support AND resistance" and "super signals", BUT EMA predictive, i-HDR Projections, calculation the future day and a few others work JUST AS WELL !

AND SO IT GOES FOR ALL THE INDICATORS I USE ---- the CCI and "forecast oscillator", "MTF_stochastics and others ALL do the same thing also !

where im heading is towards the idea that THERES MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CAT, or to prophesize forex and with just a few simple indicators and experience in using them, you will be amazed at how easily you can get into the seat of that new Maserati !

I use the indicators I grew up with and am comfortable with, but know enough about the others to see they would do what i need also ---- just go and throw some on your charts, see what they do and hopefully actually find some instructions as to how they work !

YOU LIKE CHANNELS --- the often ignored "Mr. Bollinger's Band" is a pretty danged good one, as is Mr. Keltner's often misunderstood one !

for instance, for years people poo poo'd the idea of "super signals"because it "repaints !" Well, indeed it does, moving up or down as it determines a higher or lower entrance or exit price ---- IT IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE tp point (until of course, it is !), but a dynamic support and resistance indicator and it moves as the momentum and strength of the currency moves ---- perhaps one out of every thousand people know and understand what its doing and so the indicator has a bad reputation, while in reality its one of the handiest daytrading indicators there is !

Newdigital has the greatest source of history and indicators I have ever seen, and while I'm known as an indicator "geekfreak" and highly respected for my knowledge, I dont approach his "librarial knowledge", so hats off to him and his encyclopedic collection !

enjoy and trade well

mp

This channel system (on this thread) + Maksigen trading system. Very simplified one.

Indicators and template attached.

GBPUSD, D1 timeframe:

dynamic Fibonacci Range

Do we have this indicator in MT4. Where can i find it?

Files:
dynamicfibo.jpg  112 kb

I am very sorry but you should find it by yourself:

Fibo & Gann variations:

- indicators is here.

- all the forex-tsd links to fibo (video, articles, indicators, systems and so on) is here.

- Fibonacci Levels with Price included... posted here.

- Editing Fibonacci levels optionsexplained here

- Juice indicator and different versions is here

- Camarilla Indicators are here and here and here

- Open Close by EA, Script or time , thread is here

- Something about Andrews Pitchfork is here

- COMMITMENT OF TRADERS(COT)Indicator here

- Different Trailing Stop indicator's based on ATR are locatedhere

- Market Profile Unified Thread is here

Reason: