COMMITMENT OF TRADERS(COT)Indicator

Could someone please explain how to read, understand and interpret the commitment of trades charts.

Thank you

COMMITMENT OF TRADERS(COT)Indicator

Attached is COT4 Indicator. don't know much about it, in fact just read about it last night in Currency Trader Magazine and stumbling on it today.I think it is something about what the commercial traders are doing verses medium and smaller traders.Comes from www.cot4metatrader.com.I think there is a subscription for once a week data if interested (don't know if it is required for this indicator or not) not affiliated, just sharing.

COT indicator updated

We've actually released version 2 of the indicator out on our web site. It allows you to display the US Dollar futures index as well as the indexes for the specific currency.

It's free to download. To get the latest data, just subscribe to the special introductory offer.

thanks

TheImperialOne

Version 3 just released - awesome new function - same low price - $5 a month

Traders

COT4.metatrader.com is pleased to announce a new version of its highly popular Commitments of Traders indicator for the MetaTrader platform. We have included some exciting new function.

We now support

- Index of net positions

- actiual net positions

- open interest - long and short for the three trading groups

- 7 currencies - CHF, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, MXP, JPY

- additionally supports US Dollar

- data feed to 2004

- works on any timetrame upto and including weekly

- works on all Metatrader 4 platforms - not just Interbank FX.

You can download the indicator free with a free demo file at www.COT4.metatrader.com

Unbeatable value

- No initial sign up fee

- 1 month free when you subscribe for initial 3 months

- $5 low monthly fee

- compare to others limited offerings that only work on Interbank fx and yet charge nearly $100 for initial sign up and $24.95 every month.

Come join the hoards of traders who are leveraging the COT data to their trading success at www.cot4metatrader.com

thanks

subscriptions@cot4metatrader.com

cot report.

Hi, does anyone here use the cot report in trading? how do you interpret the cod report? examples would be good please. also, are there any cot indicators?

cheers.

mrtools:
Attached is COT4 Indicator. don't know much about it, in fact just read about it last night in Currency Trader Magazine and stumbling on it today.I think it is something about what the commercial traders are doing verses medium and smaller traders.Comes from www.cot4metatrader.com.I think there is a subscription for once a week data if interested (don't know if it is required for this indicator or not) not affiliated, just sharing.

Hi mrtools,

Thank u for posting those indicators it looks very good idea....

Now,i attached the indicators to the exact place as it been explained at the pdf file....BUT,i only see empty window when i attac it any chart..

thanks for ur help

Is that allowed?

Hl

is it allowed to us here in TSD to change it as visual numbers in separet window or even as histogram that shows the data as bars with diff. colors to tell the need it data front of u with no need to re-open files from any elsewhere..

thank you everybody

COT Indicator

Hi Friends,

I'm searching for this indicator called Commitment of Traders indicator, i saw a screen shot somewhere, it shows in numbers how many traders are long and short positions on your broker.

Thought it would be helpful. Please post it here if u found it. Thanks

You guys can make sense of the COT report? Man, more power to you. It's just a bunch of numbers to me. I threw it out.

Reason: