Moving Average - page 141

Segyem:
To all of you on whose great shoulder's we have been peeping to learn, I appreciate your unquantifiable contributions to all of us on this forum and Am sorry if what I'm asking have been done, I will like to have the mt4 moving average indicator with fractional shift e.g 0.01, 0.008, .... rather than whole numbers like 1,2,..... If you have the time kindly do this for moving average envelope (mt4 native ) too. Thanks in advance. Segyem

Segyem

It is not possible to have fractional shift

mladen:

Segyem

i really need help creating a ea that will open trade on a price i will set. for example in eurusd if i set the buy price to be 1.2000 the ea should open a buy deal only when the candle closes above 1.2000 and for sell deal i will mention another price which would be say 1.1990 then the ea should open a sell order if the candle closes below 1.1990 and close any buy trade going on. and if sell is going on and market goes up and candle closes above 1.2000 then the ea should close the existing sell and open a buy. i do two jobs and its so much work that i cannot pay attention to every one hour candle and it is causing me so much stress. this could be a dream come true cuz i would enter exactly at when i want to enter, now i am entering the trade way after i missed the price and its giving me more losses and frustration. any help will be very much appreciated thank you in advance.

albertwalkman:

i really need help creating a ea that will open trade on a price i will set. for example in eurusd if i set the buy price to be 1.2000 the ea should open a buy deal only when the candle closes above 1.2000 and for sell deal i will mention another price which would be say 1.1990 then the ea should open a sell order if the candle closes below 1.1990 and close any buy trade going on. and if sell is going on and market goes up and candle closes above 1.2000 then the ea should close the existing sell and open a buy. i do two jobs and its so much work that i cannot pay attention to every one hour candle and it is causing me so much stress. this could be a dream come true cuz i would enter exactly at when i want to enter, now i am entering the trade way after i missed the price and its giving me more losses and frustration. any help will be very much appreciated thank you in advance.

Hi Albertwalkman, we like to see at least 3 or 4 months of forward manual testing of your idea, before we consider making it into an EA.

mrtools:
Hi Albertwalkman, we like to see at least 3 or 4 months of forward manual testing of your idea, before we consider making it into an EA.

the idea is a breakout. i normally draw lines on sideways market before london session and if london breaks out then i want to buy or sell depending on breakout direction. is it that hard to make an ea on this

albertwalkman:
the idea is a breakout. i normally draw lines on sideways market before london session and if london breaks out then i want to buy or sell depending on breakout direction. is it that hard to make an ea on this

It is not a matter of being hard or not

If the EA is to be made, then the assumption is that it will be public and that the other users of the forum will benefit from it too. That is why forward testing results are asked for : throwing up an idea is one thing. Trading system is yet another thing. And trading system becomes a system only when manually tested - only then it becomes a "candidate" for automatization. Regardless if it is a public or private EA, without forward test results (that are using strict rules) there is no much point of starting to code anything

whatever dude

mladen:

Segyem

Thx for this I'm working on an idea that may work with fractional shift better than the conventional one. I will keep on with the research and l will keep all posted. Thanks a lot.

Segyem

Segyem:

Thx for this I'm working on an idea that may work with fractional shift better than the conventional one. I will keep on with the research and l will keep all posted. Thanks a lot.

Segyem

How would you apply fractional shift on a regular chart?

on my own:
How would you apply fractional shift on a regular chart?

It can not be done

This is a variation of McGinley dynamic moving average that is not using the original formula but metastock formula : mcginley_dynamic_2.mq4

As an addition, since the original formula uses ema for calculation of dynamic values, this version allows you to use the 4 built in averages as method instead of being able to use only ema. The "fastest" is when it uses LWMA (which is natural) but the others have their good points too. Here are all 4 types (as you can see difference can be significant(

Files:
Reason: