Xaron:
If CCI > 0 and Open > EMA50 buy

If CCI < 0 and Open < EMA50 sell

Regards - Xaron

Xaron, can you attach that histo CCI?

Thx

Nina

Hi!

About the filter of more than 20 pips from EMA 50.

We've had a level 1 buy on cable (13:30cet) @ 1,8470. EMA was at 1,8445.

Ok, cable is trading now at 1,8451 and has made a low at 1.8448.

It couldn't go up? Yes, it could. But with this kind of market I do not want to guess.

Nina

so i cheated

i bought in on the rush did not wait for candle to close. I saw the price action it accelerated i jumped on it.

ouch the big boys just came in to the market and smacked me upside the head.

mcsqueeze:
i bought in on the rush did not wait for candle to close. I saw the price action it accelerated i jumped on it. ouch the big boys just came in to the market and smacked me upside the head.

NO, worst: a rumor made by a private firm says NFP will be above +368k when +170k are expected.

Nina

nina:
Xaron, can you attach that histo CCI?

Thx

Nina

Hmm... maybe I misunderstand you, but there is no "histo CCI", it's just a standard CCI(48) which has mostly the same behaviour like your StepMaStoch.

Regards - Xaron

London, July 5.

Cable has fallen to test the early Europe two-day low of 1.8405 on the back of

an ADP employment report predicting a 368k rise in June US NFP (DJ). 160k is the

consensus forecast re: Friday"s NFP release.

A break below 1.8400/05 targets 1.8380/85. 1.8385 was Monday"s low. Lower

support points include 1.8365, and 1.8350. Resistance levels include 1.8475,

1.8485, and 1.8500. Highs just shy of 1.8475 were notched in early NY trade.

1.8485 was today"s Asian session peak. 1.8500 was last Friday"s top.

Gain consolidation from last Thursday"s pre-FOMC two-month low of 1.8090

represents the big-picture story. Lending independent support to sterling is a

Daily Telegraph business section article headlined "The pound finally regains

its strength". This reports that the pound has leapfrogged the yen to become the

third biggest reserve currency in the world. It also cites IMF figures showing

that the amount of sterling held by foreign banks in their reserves has doubled

in the past two years to GBP 111.5bn.

hello again. I am just wondering. I had an order with a take profit limit at 1.1050 on USD/CAD. It had a low to 1.1045 and my limit was not hit. instead it went the opposite way and hit my stoploss. Can someone explain me this?

Thank you in advance!

Xaron:
Hmm... maybe I misunderstand you, but there is no "histo CCI", it's just a standard CCI(48) which has mostly the same behaviour like your StepMaStoch. Regards - Xaron

You are not using MT4. MT4 has not a CCI like yours, histo CCI.

NIna

Oh I'm sorry. This screenshot was not from me. But I use just the standard CCI(48) as a filter and it works fine so far...

Regards - Xaron

For Newbies:

Today, you've seen what Forex is like. A private firm says NFP will be much higher than expected and we had a $ rush that has smashed all $ shorts.

Maybe the report will be true and then NFP will not be an issue or rates, as have already priced in those numbers, reverse up if they do not do it before Friday. Or not, $ keeps going up to 1,2452 (USDCHF). Up there, if it is the case, we'll see what's going on.

Nina

Reason: