CatFx50 - page 681

mikejody:
So in the above situation, when you had a long entry, you would enter and place your stop at 6 pips, and consider taking profit or scaling out at 20?

But in the above scenario you had only 20 pips left but your stop was notwider than 6 pips. You said above, "our stop loss should not be more than 6 pips" if we want 20 to the upside. So would you take that trade if you received a valid long signal or not?

Again, I am just trying to understand how to use this information practically, in determining when to take a trade or where to actually set the stop loss. I read somewhere that you always use a 34 pip stop loss, but I see the "Max Stop Loss" of 6 pips on the indicator and I wonder what to do with that information.

Thank you again.

Hi!

Lets not make it difficult. If I get a validated CatFX50 signal to go long and Daily Range is telling me there are only 20 pips left, I will look for a logic stop loss. If that stop loss is much more than 6 pips, I'd not take the signal. Then we need to look at previous price action, we need to see if there is momentum and so on.

Nina

nina:
Hi!

Lets not make it difficult. If I get a validated CatFX50 signal to go long and Daily Range is telling me there are only 20 pips left, I will look for a logic stop loss. If that stop loss is much more than 6 pips, I'd not take the signal. Then we need to look at previous price action, we need to see if there is momentum and so on.

Nina

Thanks Nina, that makes sense. I appreciate you answering questions and helping us learn this excellent system.

NINA:

Hi!

Because I like my job. I admire those that quit their jobs a trade for a living though.

And, if you have a family, the most important here is: will you be able to make the same amount of money trading than working?

How could you avoid that "family pressure" when trading for a living?

Could this "family pressure" make you trade worst?

Well, some thoughts.

Nina

Hi , 'family pressure' is exactly my problem.Stayng home to trade is not easy ,drive kids to school and back,do the home work with them....take the dog out...and always some problems when i need to concentrate on trading,news or some important events.Not to mention parrents (old) i think all of you know that problem.It is lot easier to go to work and there no one can't buder you.

I ma thinking to rent an office and tourn off all phones and stay there to trade but problem is my trading day is London + NY session.

Another problem for 'free' traders,at least for me,i am siting home ,London session is slow,outside nice wether just call you to get out...and when you get out market moves ,almost always.This can't hapin at work if you have boss there.

But i guess everything will become more easy when i make my first million

Hi!!

Signals so far 11:00cet:

GBPUSD, level 1 sell (10:00cet) @ 1,9113 with stop loss at 1,9145. It has made a low so far at 1,9066. + 47 pips.

USDCHF, level 1 buy (10:30cet) @ 1,2395 with stop loss at 1,2360. It has made a high so far at 1,2408. + 13 pips.

EURUSD, level 1 sell (09:30cet) @ 1,2854 with stop loss at 1,2880. It has made a low so far at 1,2837. + 17 pips.

I'd like the stops on USDCHF and EURUSD to be more affordable.

Nina

Hi all,

Here is a trick to calculate quickly in your head (by heart) the pivots , when you do not have a calculator at hand : Sometimes it is handy , when you are looking to a chart and wish to know where the pivots are :

Here we go :

a) We determine the midpoint between high and low. That is always easy to do. Let us call this point Px.

b) next , we look where the close of the day is in relation to Px :

We go to the point in the middle just between them : This is the Main Pivot.

So, the midpoint between Px and Close is the Main Pivot.

c) Now for R1 and S1 :

Determine the Range : High - Low of the day.

Calculate Rx = 0.5 * Range

Now : S1 = Px + Rx

R1 = Px - Rx

Take for example the Eurusd data of Friday 10 november :

Hi=1.2901

Lo=1.2830

Cl=1.2847

They give as data for Monday :

Px = 1.2865 --> Main Pivot = 1.2856 (real 1.2859)

Rx= 70 --> R1 = 1.2856 + 35 = 1.2891 (Real 1.2889)

S1= 1.2856 -35 = 1.2821 (Real 1.2818)

Hi guys,

I'm new to this system and so much pages to read.

is there any EA so that we can make a backtest ?

thanks for the answer.

Hi!

Recap 17:00cet:

GBPUSD, level 1 sell (10:00cet) @ 1,9113 with stop loss at 1,9145. It has made a low so far at 1,8996. + 117 pips.

USDCHF, level 1 buy (10:30cet) @ 1,2395 with stop loss at 1,2360. It has made a high so far at 1,2450. + 55 pips.

EURUSD, level 1 sell (09:30cet) @ 1,2854 with stop loss at 1,2880. It has made a low so far at 1,2799. + 55 pips.

TOTAL = + 227 pips.

Nina

Hi Nina,

You've been a great help all this time since you started posting about CatFx50. You've tirelessly answered all the questions put forward by the newbies and the pros. I and i'm sure everyone here respect your decision of not posting the Recaps once the limit is hit, however i on behalf of every one here request that you do not abandon us alltogether. If there is any one who's come up with a suggestion or a question which may not have been answered by you earlier, please be kind enough to acknowledge and reply.

I'm sure all these posts and replies and discussions here on the forum must have made you addicted and it won't be easy to just vanish all of a sudden

Wish you all the best in life.

Regards

Azfar

Hi,

Where can I find a description of the working of Hist_StepMa_stoch ?

Does anybody know ?

Thanks.

There is a kind of description of the stepma_stoch in post 1491 (page 150) in this forum,

but it is very cryptical.

bY THE WAY : The currencies do not yet run today.

Euro is in contradiction with cable and USDCHF is in consolidation.

Vivaldi

Reason: