Neural Networks - page 2

hi

i say take 2 moving averages,few sup-res lines and 1 or two filters and trade

if you can't make money of simple system like this than don't expect from some NN to make you rich

from my 3 years forex expirience i know how i would build perfect system but it will be long long coding...at leats 3 time frames to look,covering all possible situations ,range,trend...and then aplying few systems together to get perfect results

my advice to you is if you know how to trade than first trade,make money and one day when you have enaugh you can try to make NN

JUST JOKING but botom line you dont need some NN to make money trading

i spent second year of my trading making programms and testing dosens of systems and one day i realise i am not trading any of them and lot was good ,profitable....i had first to reprogramm my brain to avoid fear,greed...and to discipline myself (and lost almost 70% of my account during that time)

first find good system (there is several good here) make money ,learn and than try to teach this NN to trade this system or just make EA to autotrade for you and when you make enaugh money you can buy comercial NN

deepdrunk:
hi

i say take 2 moving averages,few sup-res lines and 1 or two filters and trade

if you can't make money of simple system like this than don't expect from some NN to make you rich

from my 3 years forex expirience i know how i would build perfect system but it will be long long coding...at leats 3 time frames to look,covering all possible situations ,range,trend...and then aplying few systems together to get perfect results

my advice to you is if you know how to trade than first trade,make money and one day when you have enaugh you can try to make NN

JUST JOKING but botom line you dont need some NN to make money trading

i spent second year of my trading making programms and testing dosens of systems and one day i realise i am not trading any of them and lot was good ,profitable....i had first to reprogramm my brain to avoid fear,greed...and to discipline myself (and lost almost 70% of my account during that time)

first find good system (there is several good here) make money ,learn and than try to teach this NN to trade this system or just make EA to autotrade for you and when you make enaugh money you can buy comercial NN

I know what you mean! I spend months going over historical data for all kinds of indicators and systems...and the bottom line is that any number of them could make pips on any given trade. All im saying here is that it would be nice to have an INDIPENDANT system, that works in a DIFFERENT way to either confirm or deny what your indicator or system is telling you. I trade with Brain Trend, MTFMACD, MoneyMap (MQ4 version) and I do pretty well. But it would still be nice to have that secondary system running in the background to say "based on 15 years of historical data, this signal when occuring with this currency pair, in this time frame, with this volume, has proven to be unreliable, I cant advice this trade" Yes, some might call it overkill...but I call it having a FOREX pro wathcing over my shoulder. For as long as humans are creatures of habit and continue to create cycles (of any size) I would argue that this is what a well trained FOREX NN would be. I dont call that overkill if it keeps me from losing some chips.

Our experiances seem strikingly similer, though, im a newbie...just starting my second year as a trader trading with real money. I spent the last several months just going over indicators THAT I KNEW WORKED , and just spinning my wheels..for fear of making bad trades. But..I guess thats why I want to develope the NN...it doesnt know fear, and responds to market data the way no human can. They can find meaning in the smallest of price patterns...things that our ordinary indicators cant. If MQ4 indicators are binoculars..then the NN is the hubble. I think its worth developing here.

Thanks NewDigital, I found a copy of neuroproba. It looks interesting.....I dont see any bugs in the MQ4 file, but without seeing the script for the NN I cant say if it is accurate or not...one reason people might have given up on it is that for it to do anything but show two horizontal lines (one red and one yellow, with the version I have) you have to set the StudyNumber to above 100. I tweaked it and got it to match the signals that Brain Trend gives. That setting is 200. Im not sure about the NN aspect of this indicator though. Do you possibly know where a copy of the script file for the NN might be floating around? Oh, and the second link you gave is to snowseed, where they talk about CORTEX, which is a very good freeware program for programming NNs. Thanks New Digital!

Cyclesurfer:
Thanks NewDigital, I found a copy of neuroproba. It looks interesting.....I dont see any bugs in the MQ4 file, but without seeing the script for the NN I cant say if it is accurate or not...one reason people might have given up on it is that for it to do anything but show two horizontal lines (one red and one yellow, with the version I have) you have to set the StudyNumber to above 100. I tweaked it and got it to match the signals that Brain Trend gives. That setting is 200. Im not sure about the NN aspect of this indicator though. Do you possibly know where a copy of the script file for the NN might be floating around? Oh, and the second link you gave is to snowseed, where they talk about CORTEX, which is a very good freeware program for programming NNs. Thanks New Digital!

The two latest files from their thread seems ok: NeuroProba and KauffmanTrend (sorry I am not sure about the names - may be mistaket). The author (Rosh) said that it is possible to predict the price movement.

But suddenly he said that he did some mistake in calculation and stopped. I tried to find his posts on the other forums and the posts were about NN as well. So it is better, if you register on their forum to send message to him.

just a question

Hi, Newdigital!

Russian forums are good indeed, there is a lot to learn there, but how to register there using English keyboard? Most of the communication there is in Russian language.

I tried to registrer few times in English, and when awaiting for confirmation, all I got was some unreadable scribble that was orignally mailed to me in Russian. How do you overcome this problem?

lietuve:
Hi, Newdigital!

Russian forums are good indeed, there is a lot to learn there, but how to register there using English keyboard? Most of the communication there is in Russian language.

I tried to registrer few times in English, and when awaiting for confirmation, all I got was some unreadable scribble that was orignally mailed to me in Russian. How do you overcome this problem?

I just registered, that's all. Using English letters. Username and password in English as usually ...

BTW it is not difficult for me as I have Russian keyboard as well (i installed Russian letters in windows).

Just a question: do you know the meaning of your username?

Nn

Cyclesurfer:

That's interesting ...actually I like indicator that act like human brain ...NN with backpropagation indicator is good one...+ fuzzy logic is more better I think ....

Hi can you post the mql version here...

thnks

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Thanks New digital ill look around and see if I can find those anywhere. It is strange, because I heard that neuro proba was supposed to predict the next bar's high and low (now THAT would be useful) but all it does is act as an oscillator. The two lines cross at zero, signaling a change from buyer to seller dominance or vise versa and you would enter on the next open. It might be useful as far as that goes...but its not a real NN applciation unless it learns as it goes by watching whether the signals it gives would have been profitable or not and adapting its logic accordingly....im going to place it in my EAs folder and see if it has any function there that I missed. Ill post the indicator though P, it might be a decent trend prediction indicator in any event. If this versioin doesnt compile let me know...I did some tweaking to it and some of the results were kinda screwy. But if thats not the right one I can find it

Files:

lietuve:
Hi, Newdigital!

hey just go to the first link that New digital posted above and look up towards the top of the page and click on register. The server is in Russia I presume..any rate it can take some time for the email to get to you..if not in 2 hours, you may want to do the registration again. I had to register twice before i got the email. The registration steps and pages are in english. Most of them will be. Hope this helps.

okay...the neuroproba has some serious problems. it seems to work fine for a while and then it will crash for no apparent reason.

Reason: