Your most effective strategy? - page 10

DhP:

Here, please elaborate.

Every time the Algorithm enters the market, it either flips a coin to make a decision or uses historical data, which can in no way serve as a reliable advisor.

Every time you enter the market, the algorithm does not flip a coin to make a decision, but uses the closest historical data, which can serve as a reliable Expert Advisor, but how else, if you do not believe in the status quo at the moment?

MetaDriver:

"Gavrila served the source..." ;)

Please, point out a more reliable source. I would like to go to Sochi.

A laudable wish.

But my wishes are cooler than that. ))

yosuf:
Every time you enter the market, the algorithm does not flip a coin to make a decision, but uses the nearest historical data, which can serve as a reliable advisor, and how else could it not believe the status quo at the moment?
Yusuf, I repeat the invitation to join the Telepath Club.

yosuf:
Every time you enter the market, the algorithm does not flip a coin to make a decision, but uses the nearest historical data, which can serve as a reliable Expert Advisor, and how else, if you do not believe in the current state of affairs?

As it turns out, you can.

To my deep regret, I cannot test my "strategy" in a tester, as I cannot describe it even in words.

But so far it's working and bearing its harvest.

Don't try, I won't be able to describe it anyway...)

yosuf:
The possibility of losing the deposit is excluded here, as the algorithm is constantly reconfigured according to the market and it should gain some profit due to trends. Is the effect of trends less than the effect of spread?

How do you know if you are in a trend or at a trend change point?

Maybe you are at the start of a flat? You are in a buy and the market is down, you are in a sell and the market is up. And so, let's say, for a week. And your deposit is gone.

Bicus, Yusuf is currently at a meeting of the Telepath Club. Until the substance of his proposed idea is clarified, he is unlikely to answer you.

Any most reliable strategy can fall into a market condition that it does not envisage. The result is failure. It is true that there are systems that do not fail - in which the deposit is replenished after a loss on a martin).

FION: It is true that there are systems that are not losing money - systems in which a deposit after a loss is made on a martin)).
That's what NYROBA did for a while, I think. Until he lost it.

Mathemat:
That's what NYROBA seemed to do for a while. Until it was drained.
He probably ran out of money and could not afford the next deposit. (This system is not a slam dunk, but for the especially tough ones).

ZetM:

I would like to know. 1. If a forecast of further price movement is rejected, and the current situation is taken as the basis, what is the difference?

2) Tread-following, i.e. following the trend, how many points do you estimate, 200-500 or more?

1. The difference is that a forecast is a price prediction. And an estimate of the current situation is an assumption that price will go in the chosen direction BECAUSE of certain conditions in the future.

Here's an example at random. The example, I emphasise, is deliberately chosen not to be particularly relevant.

The red line is drawn between points 2 and 3:

Points 1 and 2 are trend-following. Point 3 is where some old points can be taken.

I.e. we estimate the future trend while in a certain market condition (not in any). And when the price approaches the planned level - we enter the deal. Classic.

2) It depends on the situation. By rigidly setting the number of points, we will almost guarantee a loss. And we should evaluate not only the nature of the price movement, but also a number of other parameters.

Reason: