Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 125

udit101:
can you explain how it will doing both buy and sell ? any setting changes ?

Didn't do any setting changes just some minor coding change.The buy and sell should be close to the same if not the same as the original version.

mrtools:
Didn't do any setting changes just some minor coding change.The buy and sell should be close to the same if not the same as the original version.

Dear senior member mrtools,

it is same as in original version of MrPip had made. Its only take sell order only, when I backtest. I do not know about coding. So please I request you to do it for both BUY and SELL order places.

Thanks

Udit

MrPip:
It trades both buy and sell for me. Robert

Dear senior member MrPip,

What is the problem ? I can't understand this T3Digital_Martingle_v2 EA place order sell only. I try it many times, backtest and run in many demo a/c. but result is only avg. sell and sell, it never avg. buy. Its real strategy is avg. sell only or any thing wrong in coding. I am layman here, do not know about ABCD of coding, so please make it according to strategy of martingale both BUY and SELL avg.

Advance Thanks MrPip

Udit

udit101:
Dear senior member mrtools,

it is same as in original version of MrPip had made. Its only take sell order only, when I backtest. I do not know about coding. So please I request you to do it for both BUY and SELL order places.

Thanks

Udit

Udit, this is picture of version 2.01 back testing and it took buys(first picture taking buys) and sell equally, please make sure the version you are testing.If you use version 2 I had the same problem, but not with version 2.01.

Files:

udit101

Out of curiosity what happens I tested too the EA with the indicators from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173071/page76 and it opened buys and sells as well. Attaching a report file too in which it is visible that it opens both types of orders. So, the EA (the last one posted by mrpip) works OK (as you can see from the report, in my tests, out of 274 orders opened, there were 156 opened buys)

PS: if you do not have the "normalized T3 Rbci" (using that exact name) indicator in indicators folder it will open only sell orders. Check if you have all the indicators at proper place and it will work as it should

PPS: used default settings (nothing changed from the default parameters)

udit101:
Dear senior member MrPip,

What is the problem ? I can't understand this T3Digital_Martingle_v2 EA place order sell only. I try it many times, backtest and run in many demo a/c. but result is only avg. sell and sell, it never avg. buy. Its real strategy is avg. sell only or any thing wrong in coding. I am layman here, do not know about ABCD of coding, so please make it according to strategy of martingale both BUY and SELL avg.

Advance Thanks MrPip

Udit
Files:

mrtools:

Udit, looking at the so called change i did, looks like there was no change at all, somehow i must have gotten the version i changed with another T3 Digital_Martingale_v2(in my collection) and thought i was doing a change, Mladen is right T3 Digital_Martingale_v2 from MrPip and T3 Digital_Martingale_v2.01 are the same so as far as the only sell problem must be something with the indicator, especially the normalized T3 Rbci. Anyway sorry for the confusion.

Tested the version 2 too and it works OK too (one position less opened for the same testing period as the one posted above (version 2.01),which can be due to the way how netatrader backtest works, but opened same number of buy orders)

If "normalized T3 Rbci" and the other indicators required by the EA are at the indicators folder both versions work as they should

mrtools:
Udit, looking at the so called change i did, looks like there was no change at all, somehow i must have gotten the version i changed with another T3 Digital_Martingale_v2(in my collection) and thought i was doing a change, Mladen is right T3 Digital_Martingale_v2 from MrPip and T3 Digital_Martingale_v2.01 are the same so as far as the only sell problem must be something with the indicator, especially the normalized T3 Rbci. Anyway sorry for the confusion.

mladen:
Tested the version 2 too and it works OK too (one position less opened for the same testing period as the one posted above (version 2.01),which can be due to the way how netatrader backtest works, but opened same number of buy orders) If "normalized T3 Rbci" and the other indicators required by the EA are at the indicators folder both versions work as they should

This is the picture of back test T3Digital_Martingale_v2.01, only sell & sell never buy. This is problem my senior members MrPip and mrtools.

Files:

udit101

Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173071/page84.

Also, broaden the tested period if you wish to see buy positions opened (on my PC it opens buy even for that period (attaching a picture of the results for that period too), but who knows, maybe for that 1 month of testing, it will not open buy positions on your PC). Also in experts settings, check if Long & Short positions are enabled in the positions settings. As you can see in the attached results the EA is opening both short and long positions if all the indicators are at proper place (using original indicators names) and if the Long & Short positions is enabled in the Positions option of the Experts settings (as in the attached picture) and you should get similar results too - the EA is working OK when set properly

All the best

Mladen

udit101:
This is the picture of back test T3Digital_Martingale_v2.01, only sell & sell never buy. This is problem my senior members MrPip and mrtools.
Files:
positions.gif  15 kb
results.gif  20 kb

mladen:
udit101

Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173071/page84.

Also, broaden the tested period if you wish to see buy positions opened (on my PC it opens buy even for that period (attaching a picture of the results for that period too), but who knows, maybe for that 1 month of testing, it will not open buy positions on your PC). Also in experts settings, check if Long & Short positions are enabled in the positions settings. As you can see in the attached results the EA is opening both short and long positions if all the indicators are at proper place (using original indicators names) and if the Long & Short positions is enabled in the Positions option of the Experts settings (as in the attached picture) and you should get similar results too - the EA is working OK when set properly

All the best

Mladen

It is also corect in my setting both position.

Reason: