Trend indicators - page 16

By the way friend, you ONLY attached the NonLagMA and not the ZZ indicator, the red line in the pic.

Could you please?

Thanx.

kevinator:
Using indicators is a complicated process sometimes especially for determining trend.It should be as simple a process as attaching some indicator to your chart and walah trend is defined.The trouble is some of the indicators that are available and clearly have the word trend in them clearly show everything except the trend.Some indicators are lagging indicators which always show the trend to late to take action.This is the case with most mt4 indicators except macd and stochastics which are leading but finding the correct settings is a task which should be simply defined given all the time these indicators have been in use but again not readily available information.Leading indicators will give us the future perspective and opportunity to enter as you imagine a trader should be able to..before the move actually takes place so some sort of profit can be made.So here is a leading indicator which will show you trend as you requested.It is available in this forum but not set like this.1h chart enter on yellow

First off by repaint do you mean after the current bar close and you switch from 5m to 15m and back to 5m will there be a diffrent result say as the arrow indicators you usually use displace themselves? No...what you see is what you get.

You must wait until the current bar close on yellow then take the next bar it is called TRADING ON BAR1 as the current bar is called BAR 0.

If you would take the same time you use to download all the information I have given you as you take to post you would see that the zig zag indicator is BARROSSWING which I have already posted on #147.

If you have already a 5m trend indicator why even ask?I will tell you of non lag ma indicator it will tell you exactly when the trend will begin and when the trend will end no matter how short or how long the trend is or is a trend is forming ect you will be aware.

Hi New digital

By the time I saw this thread, trading has closed for the week. I will certainly begin to use these indicators on Monday when trading resumes. Thank you very much indeed.

trend indicator

can any boday update this indicator

by the time its become crooked not straight

Files:
mtf-trend.mq4  4 kb

Kevinator....

Hey buddy, I like the NonLagMa v7.1. Can you install a "Sound Alert" and "Pop-up Alert" to it? That way I do not have to sit staring at the computer screen all day.

The other Indicator I have never heard of or used, however I shall give it a try. Is there any way (if possible) to also add a 'Sound Alert" and "Pop-up Alert" to it as well.

One last thing (again, if possible). Can you make both alerts (sound and pop-up) for both indicators user adjustable in regards to turning on and off the alerts at user discretion?

Okay, think I asked for to much already so I shall say good bye for now... Again, any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have another idea that I would like to discuss privately with you if your are in agreement, just let me know okay? Thanks buddy....

Michael

Modify TrendArea

Can anybody modify TrendArea indicator to draw simple red/green bars equal to each other?

Files:
trendarea.mq4  4 kb

Trend Strength Index

- Hassler and Varadi's Trend Strength Index indicator is on this post. "TSI is an indicator designed to identify true trend strength. A high TSI value indicates that short-term trend continuation (=follow through) is more likely than short-term trend reversal (=mean reversion), e.g. NASDAQ100 stocks with a value of greater than 1.65 indicate a healthy trend environment".

- William Blau's True Strength Index indicator is on this post.

mef1:
Hey buddy, I like the NonLagMa v7.1. Can you install a "Sound Alert" and "Pop-up Alert" to it? That way I do not have to sit staring at the computer screen all day.

Hey I agree with this, that's all this indicator needs for the most part. Too bad Kevinator got banned. Can someone else possibly do this?

Thanks.

Vsem privet i good trend ^))

Sound Alert Setting

ok, so I figured it out. This indicator has a sound alert installed. You have to set the alerts to "1" to turn them on under "inputs". Yes I'm a newbie!

Reason: