Trend indicators - page 8

smiley486:
Hi,

what is everyones favourite trend indicator?

Thanks,

smiley486

moved your post to trend indicators' post.

Naikosen - Trading System

Also guy's you can check out this system - Naikosen (gbp-jpy.com).

Thx for sharing these indicators

Trend Indicator

Any ideas what the best trend indicator is?

I'm talking about an indicator that detects the begining of trends, continuation & end of trends.

This would be very useful so you just watch this indicator & only take trades when the trend begins & ride it till it ends.

Sounds good to me.

Can I have one as well please

Mart

odj66:
Any ideas what the best trend indicator is?

I'm talking about an indicator that detects the begining of trends, continuation & end of trends.

This would be very useful so you just watch this indicator & only take trades when the trend begins & ride it till it ends.

What you're asking for does not exist, as it is a mathematical impossibility. No algorithm can predict or report whether the current trend has ended. The trend must actually end before the indicator will report it, so the indicator is always late. Often, it's so late that "riding it" results in a loss. In fact, the trend can end at the very moment you trust the indicator enough to open a trade. Then the indicator will betray you by not telling you until you're losing money.

EA based on Trend Indicator

Traders and programmers,

Im looking for an EA based on Trend indicator with the specifics are below.

- Trend.mq4 attached with these settings(Bands period=15 Bands deviation=5, power period=15 (we can change it)

-any time frame (adjustable)

-lots size 0.1 or (adjustable)

-Open buy for cross up (blue above red)

-Open sell for cross down (red above blue)

-The EA enters a trade on a new candle after crossing, not immediately

-If the next cross happen the trader will close the current trade and open an opposite one.

-stoploss , take profit and trailing stop are optional

-any pair and time frame

-max trades (adjustable)

Thanks in advance for any help and support

wowos

Files:
11.jpg  132 kb

This indicator is very old one.

It came from Metatrader 3.

I have no idea who coded it first for MT3. May be Nick Beluck.

Later on Ramdass (russian coder) converted it to MetaTrader 4. And later on many people created many variations of this old well-known indicator:

Usually this indicator is using as a filter in EAs. For the first time we used it in Brainwashing EAs https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems and EAs are profitable for same pairs/timeframe during the 2 and half a year forward testing with same settings (coder: Nick Beluck).

Value of this indicator is fully depends on broker's data. It means: different value for different broker. Usually people are using some formula to averaging this value for same period of bars and using the value of the indicator for the broker they want to trade with. Otherwise it will be very different performance.

Later on many people created many other EAs (Terminator and so on) but this EA used as a filter only with any EA coded.

May be there is some EA which is using this indicator as a main one but I did not see sorry.

Just for information.

Files:
Reason: