Zigzag indicators - page 48

Thanks Mladen for your reply, much appreciated.

I'm not a programmer, maybe i understand the indicator differently.

I've attached 2 charts for your reference.

This is how the ZigZag looks like with the setting i'm using (depth 21 deviation 13 backstep 8).

This is how i assume it will look like if i were to have ability to change the starting date.

Thanks

Files:
1.png  27 kb
2.png  37 kb

abooz:
Thanks Mladen for your reply, much appreciated.

I'm not a programmer, maybe i understand the indicator differently.

I've attached 2 charts for your reference.

This is how the ZigZag looks like with the setting i'm using (depth 21 deviation 13 backstep 8).

This is how i assume it will look like if i were to have ability to change the starting date.

Thanks

abooz

I think that we are talking about the same thing in a different way

I do agree that the first (oldest) couple of zigzag legs will probably be different. But as soon as some time passes, the zigzag will be exactly the same as the one that started from the first (oldest) bar - simply because the peaks and valleys are going to be at the same places

Thanks mladen for the reply.

'I do agree that the first (oldest) couple of zigzag legs will probably be different' - this is what I'm looking for. I can only get the signal if i have ability to set the starting point set to a specific bar. Is there a modified classical ZigZag indicator that have this ability.

abooz:
Thanks mladen for the reply. 'I do agree that the first (oldest) couple of zigzag legs will probably be different' - this is what I'm looking for. I can only get the signal if i have ability to set the starting point set to a specific bar. Is there a modified classical ZigZag indicator that have this ability.

Will make you one and then you can test it

mrtools:
Found it on the web and posting it here.

Mr Tools or Big be,

Is it possible for you to please update and correct this zig zag channel alert with the code from zig zag corrected from post #450? Or is it possible to incorporate the alert and trend lines feature from attached indicator to the ZigZag corrected indicator? Your help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.

zigzag_channels_w-alert.mq4

FXSwissTrader:
Mr Tools or Big be,

Is it possible for you to please update and correct this zig zag channel alert with the code from zig zag corrected from post #450? Or is it possible to incorporate the alert and trend lines feature from attached indicator to the ZigZag corrected indicator? Your help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.

zigzag_channels_w-alert.mq4

Anyone? mladen? Is possible you can please help?

FXSwissTrader:
Anyone? mladen? Is possible you can please help?

FXSwissTrader

Set the parameters of both to same values but if you have 5 digit broker set the ExtDeviation of the "corrected" to 10 times less than in the regular (since it changes the point to 10 times bigger in the "corrected" when working on 5 digit broker).

You are going to get exactly the same values.

mladen:
FXSwissTrader

Set the parameters of both to same values but if you have 5 digit broker set the ExtDeviation of the "corrected" to 10 times less than in the regular (since it changes the point to 10 times bigger in the "corrected" when working on 5 digit broker).

You are going to get exactly the same values.

Thanks mladen. I was setting the "corrected" zig zag Ext Deviation to 5.0 instead of .5 as you have instructed. Thank you..

mladen:
Will make you one and then you can test it

Hi mladen. Do i need to make any payment for the indicator, if yes how much?

abooz:
Hi mladen. Do i need to make any payment for the indicator, if yes how much?

No payment

Reason: