The Murrey Math Trading System - page 142

re scale

oneprint:
hi Xard777 you are doing an excellent job here keep it up.

i just have a few questions to ask you about the octave indicators. am i right in saying the the v8 octave is based on octaves v4 not v5 so the scaling is not correct?

also can you tell me which scaling coressponds to which master square, i think each scale represents the master square for murrey math lines. i think daraknor stated in an earlier post that scales 1,8,64,512,4096 are used in version five. which scales equates to which master square? for example 100, 1000, 10000.

finaly is possible for the ocatves indicator to have a bigger range? what i mean by this is that we only see the 0/8 to 8/8 lines of the current octave but seeing that they are static lines maybe we can show the octaves below and above the current square. i know there will be a lot of lines but it will be great for backtesting!! (and forward testing) i think that would be an excellent modifications.

any ways a lot to all the people here.

bye

ok...enc #MM-Octave v9.mq4 - should work fine in all markets. (let me know if it does'nt)

to change the scale simply right click on screen, choose indicator list, double click on #MM-Octave v9 and change default scale 64 to 8 (bigger lines) or 512 (smaller lines) scale input settings courtesy of daraknor.

Xard777

PS scale settings choose..... scale 8 (D1 & H4) scale 64 (H1, M30, M15) scale 512 (M5, M1)

asam:
Great Work! Xard777

I have an idea, is it possible put the "true/false logic for displaying time frames" on the octave 9? Since the # MTF pivots only shows under H4, if the octave lines only show on the H4, D1 and W1, that would be great! I don't know coding, so that's only an idea which can combine all the stuff in one chat.

Thanx

asam

Thats a good idea, will give it a try. Ok done...now v9b

Auto scale settings ..... scale 8 (MN1,W1,D1 & H4) ..... scale 64 (H1, M30, M15 & M5) ..... scale 512 (M1)

If you don't like the lines on the screen (too big or too small) you can still manually change the scale.

simply right mouse click on screen, choose indicator list, double click on #MM-Octave v9b and change scale 8, 64 or 512

I can't code to save myself, so I just set the default scale to 8 and added two lines..

if(Period() < 240) scale = 64;

if(Period() < 5) scale = 512;

Xard777

daraknor:
I don't know about the time frames, but the EURUSD MML are definitely wrong. They didn't do the scale fix, so it is just gibberish. Looking at the GBPUSD, it didn't follow the zone of conflict rule at all. It did not avoid, bounce or accelerate - and that is the three reactions possible. I would be interested to see zoomed in data, or see a full year chart starting from last October.

Hi daraknor,

I had two good trades today (mainly testing codersguru zigzag channels)

Here is a piccy showing auto scale h4 & m30 working quite nicely.

Xard777

Some trade for cable today

Xard777

asam:
Hi, Xard777

Could you kindly provide the data chat as a separately indicator which can be attached in the main window?

Thanx alot.

asam

I've added it to octave v9b, also added a stop loss line which you manually insert in the input box.

Xard777

AdamFx:
hi Xard777

I am trialling your M30 MM system today. I have a quick question re exits.

You say you use the blue dotted zigzag line as price for exit.

As you know it paints and then repaints if a new high, or low is created.

Do you take the first time it paints as the new high/low as your exit or do you have a method to determine that you should wait because its just a pause during a larger move and it will repaint at new high/low level(s).

Thanks

Adam F

Hi Adam,

I use H4 charts but the same would apply with M30 charts, I exit on the first blue dotted line and look for another trade. My settings on the blue line are 40,5,5.

Xard777

cmc:
Hi Guys,

Am currently now in 4 MM trades (live) using the extreme 1/8 limes as entry points

CHF long @1.2146 (underwater 160 pips)

AUD short @ 0.7843 (underwater 42 pips)

GBP short @ 1.9653 (breakeven)

EUR short @ 1.3245

My target is a 400 pip profit

CMC

ps Xard777 only 602 pips to go

Hi CMC

Have an indicator for you (renamed it CMC Scuba Gear)

Yours to download....the piccy shows it working in deep water...

Xard777

Just to be on the safe side...here is the MM-Octave_v8 indy as well...

cmc:
Nice indicator.

I prefer to free dive, I'm so far underwater now I'm about to pop up on your side of the world.

CMC

Cable might turnaround...

kappari:
take a look here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175602 and you 'll notice that GBP at a bump&reversal , the bump phase is still goning on that's why mm recalculate , it isn't save to predict the reverse know take care

When I said to cmc that it might turnaround I was still taking the pi$$...

Xard777

Trading MM:
Development of MP starting yesterday morning (so 0800 next day, was this morning)

Hi there,

I noticed that you are using an earlier timeframe indy of mine.

Based on daraknor's sr scaling that MM only uses 100/1000/10000/100000 master squares. Your previous post showing xchartmm charts confirms this which leads me to believe that the lower fractal calcs on earlier timeframe charts are wrong.

Based on the xchartmm charts above, the timeframe should look like the one in the piccy below.

That being the case, I will correct the indicator and repost as timeframe_v8 as soon as I have corrected the master squares.

Xard777

Reason: