The Murrey Math Trading System - page 143

re indicators

keinmclark:
Interesting website...Thanks!!! Do you know where I can find more general info about PerkyAct and Triggerlines? I did a basic search on the net to no avail. Thanks again!

Hi there,

Here is Triggerlines indicator and a variation on Perky indicator.

Xard777

stockpick:
Hi everybody

Does any body have V5 with the baby lines added. If there is or you know where I can find it can you please let me know.

Thanks

It gets a bit messy v5 with baby lines, especially if you are charting the euro.

Best left out. You can see the baby lines drawn in on the 7/8ths octave and 1/8th line - its too much.

I did have a go with the baby 2/8th lines on another version...

Xard777

Re MM

I have had great results using EMA with MM as part of my entry and exit strategy together with a 10 pip stoploss on the zigzag. I know what a lot of ppl will say that the zigzag will fail from time to time but that is good for reversal play\continuation of current trend which usually shows up as a bounce on the MM that way if the zigzag is breached you can cut your losses and go with the trend, and when it's not breached you are still going with the trend. I am only trading off an H4 chart as the swings (23 so far this year) are on average around 537pips per swing.

re MM

Did the mm confirmed the EUR H4 Head & shoulders pattern ,

the parameter of the mm was 256 (= 64*4)

Here is another version of your eurusd H4 chart

Xard777

re MM

xard777:
Xard777 thanks a lot for all the time and effort u give to develope the mm , can u please attach " octave v8"

v8 is a hybrid MM Octave indicator which I am still testing, will post it in the next week or two after I have tweaked it to work in all markets. I was really showing off the ema/zigzag on the H4 chart and how there are massive pip gains to be achieved with very little trading (moving away from day trading to weekly/fortnightly and eventually text msg trading away from the pc).

Xard777

PS re v8 Indy: shows cable bouncing off the 4/8th line (horizontal blue dotted line). see piccy

re MM

This new v8 octave looks great for Day Trading (even though I am trying to get away from it). Here is cable with the shift modified triggerlines plus the ema 4,9,18 indicator on a M30 chart. I will probably post this version over the weekend for traders to try out, just bear in mind it's untested; I would appreciate if feedback comes back re this release (good or bad, does'nt matter).

Xard777

daraknor:
I get Error:502 for timeframe while using Open Office. Is this the same result as you get with Excel?

Nope, works fine in office...will repost file

Xard777

updated octave setup

Now might be a good time to try out an updated octave setup.

Enjoy!

Enc. some piccys

Xard777

PS remember and check out link...

http://www.tradersworld.com/murreymath42/

nesalc:
Hi Xard

Thanks for all you effort. Please advice me which MM-Levels Indicator is the correct one to use, because I get different values of these levels than that on your piccy's.

I appreciate your time.

Happy trading.

Nesalc

Here is 4h & m30 gbpusd chart 00:06

Xard777

oneprint:
hi Xard,

i have been following the tread and i would like to know the difference between the octaves indicator and the MM indicator.

also how will it be used ?

for example if i lay down a chart the the mm indicator set to 64 and the octaves_6 set to 64 on a one hour chart i get different MM lines, which one is more accurate?

and can you tell me the difference between octaves_5 and octaves_6 cause again they give different values.

thanks again for the great thread.

Hi There,

Octaves 5 and 6 give same readings, just that 6 includes baby 2/8ths

Xard777

Reason: