The Murrey Math Trading System - page 105

Nice setup. On the murrey math system and your also, what is the accuracy rate of this?

Also does the rate go down on the shorter time frames?

Live Trade - from a beginner FXer to another

I've used MM before in stocks, but not traded FX using MM.

So this is for the other beginners... :-)

At least I got this one right, even if it was for a $0.50 profit

I'm on a Demo Mini, trading EURUSD.

Saw the trend coming up thru 1.3550 which is 4/8 on the M1.

Quick look at M5, M30 and all showing potential bounce on 4/8, possible baby -1/8 from 4/8th line. From my previous knowledge of MM, 4/8 can become 0/8 so switching onto XARD777's Octave Template and another one for Trade I was able to guage direction strength... yep it was gonna go up.

I watched it, even though moving quite fast. The minute it broke up to 5/8 line, Setup, I placed a BUY Limit on 1.3562 (just above 5/8 for the spread). Lot size 0.05 (cos I'm new). Took profit on 1.3572, which is the 6/8th line, which is also a 0/8 line in a smaller timeframe. Now in hindsight, I tend to go for the +1/8th line for exit, but because I'm still a little nervous, I settled for the 0/8 line to exit. My stop loss was at 1.3552 just above the 4/8th line. Got stopped out about 10 minutes later i think.

On the M1, it's trying to break +2/8ths but I don't think it will. Which means it should come back down to 6/8ths. I forget the rules (which I should review from the previous posts on this blog). But I do remember weakness from +1/8ths or +2/8ths will result in a drop to 5-6/8ths: potential re-entry.

If it holds above 8/8ths... (and I don't know how long to do this in FX??? In stocks, I waited 5 days. Thoughts on FX???) then 8/8 becomes the new 0/8th and a new square should be calculated above the old one (excellent work XARD777).

Ciao for now.

Homage to CMC

.... and since I am trading on a Demo Account, I'm going to try CMC's trading strategy of not using a Stop Loss. Now admittedly I'm coming in on the EUR/USD a little late (ie from M1 to M30 perspective), but from an H1 point of view, I'm still in the -1/8th area which is still trading the extreme.

I'm in at 1.3582, (just above 7/8 on M1) (just above 5/8 on M15,M30)

Let's see where it goes.

I would humbly suggest that anyone suggesting that you do not use a stop has lost his marbles....... disregard that person as a lunatic and ban him from your world........!!!!

Well, i would also kindly suggest that whilst "no stop loss" is a little insane, he is still able to take 100 pips per trade (so he says).

But I think where he last left us, he was going to adjust his style so he didn't come in first, but on a retracement.

So, no I don't think he's a lunatic. He makes a valid point, which you can adjust to your own trading style. For me, I like his idea of trading the extremes with FX.... and since I'm new to FX, I can see on several charts that he's right. And if you get your entry in right, you won't "need" a stop loss.

But it's early days yet, and I personally would still put one in.... that's what Demo Accounts are for!

BTW, my demo EURUSD trade has no stop loss. I'm banking on the strength of the 5/8 Line (M1) and -1/8(H1)

i like this system. I made 40 pips on a real account. I could have made more, but fear kicked in. And i said to myself not to be too greedy. This is 4 trades on a 5 minute chart BTW. I plan to use it on an hr chart. this may be the most profitable system i have used to date.

As far as stop loss is concerned, i sleep better knowing there is a limit. The thing is on a 5 min chart the stop loss can be small, but if you are trading on an hr chart you need more breathing room which means a bigger stop. That can be harmful if you lose at that trade.

my philosophy; cut your losers short.

xard777:
Leo showed me a chart today with this stoploss indy and it looks good...maybe it might help with your trading. Xard777

hi xard777, thanks for your great template.I was just add x-tdi to my template. But it keep show some symbol as attached. I need to switch other time frame in order to make it show properly. Can you tell me any solution to permanently solve this problem ?

xard777:
Try this one... Xard777

still same

xard777:
Leo showed me a chart today with this stoploss indy and it looks good...maybe it might help with your trading. Xard777

thanks for that. the stops look tighter, so if it is a loss it won't be by much.

it looks like also that it will ride the trend. This will make tracking it a lot easier.

tip !!! Volume

Hey Guys

I was reading a thread about volume and how big players manipulate the market and it can be used with Murrey math.

It's a nice pattern.

3 or 4 bars After long legs bars (check the picture attached to see what I mean) if you re in a good octave for the reversal, check this pattern, it s easy too see. It s good chances the trade will go your way. Check your charts you ll find them everywhere 3 or 4 bars before the turning point. Then just use your Murrey Math Skills to enter the trade.

This is a chart from some minutes ago. guess what happened for the last signal.

Safe Trades

Leo_BR

Files:
volume_mm.gif  109 kb
Reason: