Indicators: Multi Timeframe Bollinger Bands - page 2

I tried the indicator and noticed that the Bollinger bands are drawn wrongly for lower timeframes on the current timeframe chart; the current chart timeframe and upper timeframes Bollinger bands are drawn correctly though. For example when the indicator is used on the H1 timeframe, the Bollinger bands for M1, M5, M15, M30 are drawn wrongly when selected. I believed the problem may be solved if the data values of the lower timeframe Bollinger bands used to draw the bands are "condensed" in the array buffer before they are drawn. As an example, In the example above, if the array buffer for M15 are condensed by a factor of 4, meaning for every four consecutive values in the array buffer for M15 you take a single average value of them and placed in a new array buffer for M15 and then used it to draw the M15 Bollinger band. For M30, it should be condensed by a factor of 2 and so on for the rest of the lower timeframes on the H1 chart. I think this might make it work but I can't be sure as I am not good in coding and is not able to modify the program and test it myself.

jackmql5:

I tried the indicator and noticed that the Bollinger bands are drawn wrongly for lower timeframes on the current timeframe chart; the current chart timeframe and upper timeframes Bollinger bands are drawn correctly though. For example when the indicator is used on the H1 timeframe, the Bollinger bands for M1, M5, M15, M30 are drawn wrongly when selected. I believed the problem may be solved if the data values of the lower timeframe Bollinger bands used to draw the bands are "condensed" in the array buffer before they are drawn. As an example, In the example above, if the array buffer for M15 are condensed by a factor of 4, meaning for every four consecutive values in the array buffer for M15 you take a single average value of them and placed in a new array buffer for M15 and then used it to draw the M15 Bollinger band. For M30, it should be condensed by a factor of 2 and so on for the rest of the lower timeframes on the H1 chart. I think this might make it work but I can't be sure as I am not good in coding and is not able to modify the program and test it myself.

Having the same problem. Has this been fixed yet?

This might be reviving a dead thread but I have to say that this is working beautifully. Having higher time frame bollinger bands on lower timeframes is a god send for scalping a trend. Just awesome. Don't know about the higher time frame + lower time frame bb's but I don't work that way so haven't really checked. Anyways I registered just to send compliments and a big thank you.

The_R_:
This might be reviving a dead thread but I have to say that this is working beautifully. Having higher time frame bollinger bands on lower timeframes is a god send for scalping a trend. Just awesome. Don't know about the higher time frame + lower time frame bb's but I don't work that way so haven't really checked. Anyways I registered just to send compliments and a big thank you.

Hi The_R_

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like the indicator.

Great indicator to view BB in multiple timeframe in one click! Thank you!

Harry Gunadi Permana:
Great indicator to view BB in multiple timeframe in one click! Thank you!

Hi Harry,

I'm glad you like it.

I built it initially only for myself, but since I have used so many free indicators built by others, I thought I should share mine also.

thank you my friend it's really useful.

Carols Oliveria, Great indicator and amazing coding!! It's very useful to my trading. Thanks a million for your effort.

Is it possible to add to the indicator ability to show bands for each time frame in a different color? 

Or add inputs for changing time frame. 

Mrmoore007:

Carols Oliveria, Great indicator and amazing coding!! It's very useful to my trading. Thanks a million for your effort.

Is it possible to add to the indicator ability to show bands for each time frame in a different color? 

Or add inputs for changing time frame. 

Hello Mrmoore007

About the colors, I will try to implement them soon.

But, what do you mean with "inputs for changing time frame"? 

You can already change the timeframe using the indicator window.

Carlos Oliveira:

Hello Mrmoore007

About the colors, I will try to implement them soon.

But, what do you mean with "inputs for changing time frame"? 

You can already change the timeframe using the indicator window.

Thank you for considering my request. Yes it can be changed  from indicator window.However, if I want to save settings as template It will not properly work, I just had to save it as template since I apply the indicator 3 times to the chart (each time frame with a different color) However, I will not need to do so since you are considering add color for each time frame. (Just was my 2nd alternative as a way to go around using different color for each timeframe). 

Reason: