The Murrey Math Trading System - page 43

Trading MM:
Strange the 'wrong' fractals worked fine for me.

If you need prints of Xchartmm to get confirmation on your new calculations just let me know. It would be a pleasure to send them.

(And thanks for the other thing .... )

Have you never notice how the figures are different with timeframe and xchartsmm....do a check...you will notice they are not the same.

reason being is the SR used...100/1000/10000/100000

anyone of these will do...simply a case of moving the decimal point.

The fractals 3.125 and 1.5625 will produce different figures.

I did not notice till daraknor mentioned it and I saw the xchartmm figures for eurusd and gbpusd

gbpusd using 1.875 to 2.000 (1 octave) v8 and 1.7500 to 2.000 (2 octaves) xchartmm timeframe.

Xard777

Hmmmm.... I have to clear my mind I think....

Thought these lines in code managed that problem

if( v21.5625 )

fractal=3.125;

else

if( v20.390625 )

fractal=1.5625;

else

if( v20)

fractal=0.1953125;

Moreover I have a 'certain' list here in front of me........ though no scanner at this location.

Can scan it next sunday for you.... it might help

Thanx Xard777

I like static octave better than MM timeframe, because static lines give me more evidents. Those frequently changed timeframe lines always confuse me. The octave v4 and v5 are basically same except daraknor's modification on v5. On GBP chart, these 2 octave show the price goes up beyond 8/8th, and redraw the MM range, however Xard777's new V8 is only on 6/8th. May I know why they are different?

asam

Ok, call me stupid.......

1 min chart in both applications

difference futures vs forex is about 10 pips (today)

so.... both charts match

Anyway it's weekend I'm broke (don't mean money here)

Have a great weekend

Files:
m1_tf64.gif  24 kb
m1_xchartmm.jpg  55 kb

chart pic

Yes, It's the template, and thanks for the quick response.

Files:
chart_pic.gif  19 kb

jtre:
Yes, It's the template, and thanks for the quick response.

it looks like an 800 x 600 screen; template set for 1024 x 768

Xard777

thanks

xard777:
it looks like an 800 x 600 screen; template set for 1024 x 768 Xard777

That solved my problem. Thanks again. I wanted to know, have you noticed how accurate the zigzag pointer and zigzag1 shows the next move before it even happens!

Front Page

Xzard

I follow the tread and all the postings (it is getting big)with interest but I as I think others are finding it hard to keep up with all the different updates. The mixture of lines and ovtaves makes it even harder.

I wondered if it would be worth all the programmers such as yourself to use the front page of the thread to keep the latest issues for both systems, it could save time in answering repeated requests for the latest version and what the change is. Could also post links to reference material and how to trade the systems.

Hope you do not mind me saying this but I saw it on the ICWR thread and it seemed a good idea and easy to find.

All the best to all for the weekend and also just wanted to say what a great thread this is and as many others have said the giving of you time and knoweledge is appreciated.

Regards SP

jtre:
That solved my problem. Thanks again. I wanted to note have you noticed how accurate the zigzag pointer and zigzag1 shows the next move before it even happens!

Thats the idea, but unfortunately it will repaint itself. As the day goes on the zigzag will be breached and repaint a new line and appear on the chart as a bounce off the ema line.

I use the zigzag1 (blue dotted line) as a heads up to exit a trade with max pips at that current time, that way I am not giving back house money that is now MINE.

I also use the zigzag1 (blue dotted line) as a stop loss on an entry that is triggered by the ema line going from red to blue and vice versa.

unlike cmc where you dig a hole (and rather than stop digging) you go out and buy 4 more shovels - much cheaper to bail when the zigzag1 (blue dotted line) is breached. (thats another pint he owes me :-)

Having said that I really like the zigzag1 Blue dotted line (40,5,5) together with the ema (4,9,18) line on the H4 chart - but that is just my own personal choice. btw that blue dotted line has swung 23 times this year on an H4 chart with an average of 537pips. Don't take my word for it, simply scroll back and count them yourself.

Xard777

xard777:

I use the zigzag1 (blue dotted line) as a heads up to exit a trade with max pips at that current time, that way I am not giving back house money that is now MINE.

Xard777

Can you elaborate a little on how you exit. I watched the line and the arrow and as you say it keeps repainting and moving with the bars so I don't quite understand how it gives the exit point

Reason: