Pivot indicators - page 70

Can someone please read the attached Pivot Point Indicator that comes with MetaTrader and help me to write

icustom to get the values for s1 , r1 etc

I gave tried this but it does not work

double r1;

r1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Pivots_Daily",true, false , true , 0,1);

Files:

winston99:
Can someone please read the attached Pivot Point Indicator that comes with MetaTrader and help me to write

icustom to get the values for s1 , r1 etc

I gave tried this but it does not work

double r1;

r1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Pivots_Daily",true, false , true , 0,1);

Winston, yeah your right, won't work for that indicator, you can build them into the EA, one way to do it is like this EA except that EA is using weekly pivots the indicator is using daily but its a simple fix.

Files:

mrtools:
Winston, yeah your right, won't work for that indicator, you can build them into the EA, one way to do it is like this EA except that EA is using weekly pivots the indicator is using daily but its a simple fix.

Thanks , that's what i thougjt I would have to build it into the EA

Hi ....

can somebody fix this indicator and may be any idea to make this indicator to be better...the problem like chart below and must refresh chart to see the pivot line

Files:
dddd.png  46 kb

Metatrader 5 pivots dailypivotpoints.rar

Files:

Zion_Lion:

Hello to all. I'm looking for some assistance.

I need someone to re-code this indicator to have an option, in the parameters section, to select the time frame for calculating and plotting the pivots; past and present. Also, the indicator is currently not displaying the R3 and S3, so it needs coding adjustment for that.

I'm not familiar with coding, but hopefully this can be a new valuable indicator for everyone.

Time frames-

Yearly

Monthly

Weekly

Daily

12 hours

8 hours

4 hours

1 hour

Thank you

Seems someone has asked the same thing what I'm looking for now. But I didn't see any answer to Zion_Lion post. Anyone know what kind of pivot point is in use on the image below?

Files:

Pivot indicator

pivot.mq4
Select

1 for Classical Pivot,

2 for Camarilla,

3 for Woodie,

4 for Fibonacci,

5 for Floor or

6 For Fibonacci Retracement

Files:
pivot.mq4  10 kb
pivot.gif  40 kb

mladen:
Guys, please do no misunderstand my post about pivots

They were OK and are OK if used as it was intended in the first place (the shortest definition of pivot point indicator is "The pivot point itself is simply the average of the high, low and closing prices from the previous trading day" - no mystery about it). So, as a kind of bullish / bearish indicator it is OK (to have a quick view of what kind market are we trading currently)

But static pivots as support / resistance are losing their purpose in the market as it is now. Here is just one simple example how a different approach to support / resistance can be used with new PCs and new ways of calculation :

And that is just one quick example out of many available now

That is why I told what I told about pivots : no additional lines can substitute dynamic support / resistance approach that we can use now when we all have computers. Keep in mind that pivots are very old and that at that time they were practical for the simplicity of calculation that could be done without an aid of computers. Now the times are different and we should use the good that came with this new times (not all that is new is bad )

mladen: in your screenshot, did you load indicator with default settings?

Snowski:
mladen: in your screenshot, did you load indicator with default settings?

Snowski

As far as I remember yes (I almost never use some custom setting when posting an example picture - for that reason I am almost sure that it is using default settings)

mladen:
Snowski As far as I remember yes (I almost never use some custom setting when posting an example picture - for that reason I am almost sure that it is using default settings)

That one really looks interesting

Reason: