EA coding fraud - page 2

The most important question is:

Does the work sent fits your requirements?

You can even ask him to add updates on it better than wasting your time in arbitration 

In previouse job i mistakenly sent this ea to customer with my modification of adding recovery trades
The recovery trade was not perfect working on that version
Customer said great ea i like it
I said if you want to buy latest version of this the make a new job for me to get the latest version
He made a
 job

I deliver my work latest version
And he asked from me define every function of this ea.
I said open it on meta editor and they are already define

I did not changed copyrights since it is from code base
And i did not tell i am the author
I saw the forum thread ea fraud from the customer so i clicked on arbitration
This is all the story
?

All things As Requirements as he required nothing more nothing less.

I don't means to defend or blame some body,but as a usual valid system,when a code is pubically published as for sample,usage and or teaching purposes,as a standard opinion it is allowed to modify and altered,as we see daily hundreds and thousands codes are being modified,altered and made extra additions,almost every coder of any level doing this,nobody is going to author asking his/her permission.

it was so easy for the question coder to remove original author information's if intentionally he was thinking of some kind of fraud for few dollars,though it was good for him to just add few words (modified by ..... ) along with

"//|History:                                                          
//|Ver 0.01 2009.08.01                                               
//|Ver 0.02 2012.02.18
//|   1. Modified CloseAllWithEquityIncrease's EquityIncreasePercentage Control  
//| modified by ...... such and such                                                                                  
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+"

on the other hand i just think it is a result of cheap code,though it is not bad to try get cheap code ..... a code of 30 to 40kb,quality status new codes price is not 20 to 50 dollars.

" I am not paying a person to copy someone else's work and do a few edits and sell it off at for money " as for few edits,it is not about few digits,it is about KNOWLEDGE if you know it you never pay a penny and almost all coders know it and agree with this.

my observation is more close to "Ovo Cz and Mohammad Soubra"

Franzel Botha:

Yes, they are identical.

The developer just changed some of the code and is trying to sell me the EA.

Is that wrong or right?

I find it as wrong, I am not paying a person to copy someone else's work and do a few edits and sell it off at for money.

one on the left is the new developer edit

one on the right is the original from the original developer 

on back testing they have the similar outcome as well... 

Then I have what to say too ...

The orders handling functions of this https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10398 were originally coded by me (years and years ago for forex-tsd forum elite (closed) section ) :) Oh well, c'est la vie ...
204060 Program AIGrid System
204060 Program AIGrid System
  • votes: 26
  • Xiaodong Ruan
  • www.mql5.com
Grid is a money maker in weak market, while a disaster in trending market. Maybe you can consider close all positions at some time, and run it totally again at another time, just like a fisher. This is AIGrid System With Manual Control.

Mladen Rakic:
Then I have what to say too ...

The orders handling functions of this https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10398 were originally coded by me :) Oh well, c'est la vie ...
So at least we came out to the original grandma author :)

mntiwana:
So at least we came out to the original grandma author :)
Just some code parts ... the usual copy/paste stuff ...

Mladen Rakic:
Just some code parts ... the usual copy/paste stuff ...
  So then the question coder is not big objectionable guilty,he just copy/paste "few edits" (according the claimer) same as his master ( Xiaodong Ruan)  :)

and this we learner always doing from the first day.honestly you experts coders are learners light house,a quality code symbol,where practitioners to go if not copying you ?

mntiwana:
   I don't means to defend or blame some body,but as a usual valid system,when a code is pubically published as for sample,usage and or teaching purposes,as a standard opinion it is allowed to modify and altered,as we see daily hundreds and thousands codes are being modified,altered and made extra additions,almost every coder of any level doing this,nobody is going to author asking his/her permission.

it was so easy for the question coder to remove original author information's if intentionally he was thinking of some kind of fraud for few dollars,though it was good for him to just add few words (modified by ..... ) along with

"//|History:                                                          
//|Ver 0.01 2009.08.01                                               
//|Ver 0.02 2012.02.18
//|   1. Modified CloseAllWithEquityIncrease's EquityIncreasePercentage Control  
//| modified by ...... such and such                                                                                  
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+"

on the other hand i just think it is a result of cheap code,though it is not bad to try get cheap code ..... a code of 30 to 40kb,quality status new codes price is not 20 to 50 dollars.

" I am not paying a person to copy someone else's work and do a few edits and sell it off at for money " as for few edits,it is not about few digits,it is about KNOWLEDGE if you know it you never pay a penny and almost all coders know it and agree with this.

my observation is more close to "Ovo Cz and Mohammad Soubra"
legally, it is required to leave the original authour's information on his piece of code...as the coder seem to have done. That is intellectual property law requirement, especially if the piece of code in question was publicly available for re-use.

If both documents are the same  then he/she have just been paid to do a simplest job in the world: ctrl+c and ctrl+v = $$$$ 

You are paying for the time and knowledge someone puts in developing the "CUSTOMISED ON YOUR REQUESTS" job. 

If you ask a lawyer to prepare a contract or a letter for you and what the lawyer does is to spend 5 minutes to get an existing template he/she found ,change a few names and clauses ,but covers what you have asked, would you still call the lawyer a fraud and demand your money back? The person is experienced enough to find a way to do the job fast and that experience is part of the cost.

Unless you are buying a specific product/service which is not customised , does it really matter if the person did the whole work on its own or took bits and pieces from other locations, if it does what you asked.

Cause otherwise you would have search the internet on your own to find that solution and spend significant more time than what it would have taken. 

Reason: