How to convert a mt4 indicator to a mt5 one

How to convert a mt4 indicator to a mt5 one so it works exactly as if you are using it in a mt4 platform

They are few ways to do

• you can do it by yourself (if you understand mql5 programming language)
  • you can ask someone to convert using Job service for example,
  • or some coder can do it for free for you ... but coders are coding for free if it is interesting for them personally and if it is interesting for majority of mql5 members.

So, my suggestion for you is Job service. 

I used Job service few times and it was cheap by money (for me) and reliable. The only problem is the following: every coder is having his own specialization which came from public experience. I mean: one coder is good to code EA, and other coder is good to code oscillators and so on. So, it may be good to know "who is who" for example :)

Because if some coder will tell you that all programming languages are same for him and he can code anything for everybody so ... may be - you will try to select the other coder ... or you can try to indentify their specializations by yourself looking at their activity on the forum and on their 'Job done' in Job service.

dlawdlaw:
How to convert a mt4 indicator to a mt5 one so it works exactly as if you are using it in a mt4 platform
Well, the cheapest one but will take some time is, you can learn to convert from MQL4 to MQL5 by reading MQL5 reference and some article like this one Transferring indicator from mql4 to mql5 orMigrating from mql4 to MQL5 (click that).

phi.nuts:
Well, the cheapest one but will take some time is, you can learn to convert from MQL4 to MQL5 by reading MQL5 reference and some article like this one Transferring indicator from mql4 to mql5 orMigrating from mql4 to MQL5 (click that).
Thanks phi.nuts, your suggestion is really helping. The indicator i want to have in my mt5 terminal is fmm_pivots.ex4, attached below.
Files:
fmm_pivots.ex4  27 kb

dlawdlaw:
Thanks phi.nuts, your suggestion is really helping. The indicator i want to have in my mt5 terminal is fmm_pivots.ex4, attached below.
You can't convert unless you have the mq4 source code,  instead you will need to reverse engineer the MT4 Indicator and code your MT5 Indicator from scratch . . . you mind find a suitable example in the CodeBase to use as a base to modify.

Hi,

How would one convert this AML_v1.mq4 to mq5?

That does essential things like draw Mod.Schiff/Schiff/... pitchforks and/or warning lines, quartiles, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, replies, and an example of the converted file if someone is so inclined to help out.

Files:
AML_v1.mq4  24 kb

Steliron:

Hi,

How would one convert this AML_v1.mq4 to mq5?

That does essential things like draw Mod.Schiff/Schiff/... pitchforks and/or warning lines, quartiles, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, replies, and an example of the converted file if someone is so inclined to help out.

Read here:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6146
How would one convert this AML_v2.mq4 to mq5? It creates ModSchiff PF and parallels, various "slave" objects that follow the user-drawn master Andrews PF object.
How would one convert this AML_v2.mq4 to mq5? It creates ModSchiff PF and parallels, various "slave" objects that follow the user-drawn master Andrews PF object.
  • www.mql5.com
The user draws an Andrews pitchfork and changes the object name to "AL1", then adds this indicator to the chart and select the desired options.

RaptorUK:
Read here:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6146

RaptorUK bro,

If you have enough time , can you show me the difference between them? any refference link?

Suching:

RaptorUK bro,

If you have enough time , can you show me the difference between them? any refference link?

The difference between qml4 and mql5 ?  here,  mql4 and here, mql5  if you want straight comparisons follow the link in the last post I gave a link to in my post above.
MQL4 Documentation
  • docs.mql4.com
MQL4 Documentation

Hi! i need someone who can convert this indicator (mq4) to mq5. Anyone who may be interested please help.

Files:

Tomás Astudillo:

Hi! i need someone who can convert this indicator (mq4) to mq5. Anyone who may be interested please help.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/15049

Ichimoku_HTF
Ichimoku_HTF
  • www.mql5.com
The Ichimoku indicator with the timeframe selection option available in input parameters.
Reason: