How to copy Signals with exact lot sizes

Hi All,

I'm new here, but would really appreciate if someone can advise me on something.

I'm subscribed to a signal provider and want to copy his exact lot sizes regardless of our account differences.  I keep noticing that the lot size changes accordingly to the account fundings.

So my question is, is there a way I can copy his exact Lot Size regardless of the difference in our accounts? So if he places an order of 0.1 it places 0.1 in my account and not change it 0.6 cause my account is larger.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

I don't think that there is a straightforward way to accomplish that.

The only I can think of is to manually adjust the percentage of your account's participation (in Tools >> Options >> Signals tab), in order to keep the copy ratio between the 2 accounts to 100%. 

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't think that there is a straightforward way to accomplish that.

The only I can think of is to manually adjust the percentage of your account's participation (in Tools >> Options >> Signals tab), in order to keep the copy ratio between the 2 accounts to 100%. 

Thanks for your reply Eleni, 

I thought of that. The only Issue is if money is withdrawn or added to the signal provider account the ratios will go out of balance. 

My advice is to search for signal provider have the same balance as yours 

I'm shamsudeen not too old in the system, my questions goes as follow.

I've subscribed to a signal provider and want to improved the lots size trade, i have been noticing that the lot size change in such if he (signal provider) places an order of 0.1 it places 0.01 in my account despite i set 95% in the capital to be partake in the copy system , i like know if there is any way i can the freedom to set the lots size i wish to.

Thank you,

You are taking 1/10 of signal's positions, because you obviously have about the 1/10 in capital.

You can increase the lot size of your trades (search the market for that), but you will increase risk and DD as well and it's highly unadvisable. 

Deal all, I need your expert advice right now.

My subscriber subscribe to my signals. And I'm trading in Martingale.

Our trade will starts from 0.01 and will go all the way up to 0.1. But my subscribers won't trade on the same lot size as me. They will stay on 0.01.

Anyone please help me?

Weng Ghee Lim:

Our trade will starts from 0.01 and will go all the way up to 0.1. But my subscribers won't trade on the same lot size as me. They will stay on 0.01.

Anyone please help me?

There are two very small threads about it - 

----------------

1. General information.
How to change the volume/lot size (many posts)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714 

2. You or your subscriber can calculate lot size for example -
How to Select a Deal Volume 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/215636

signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Weng Ghee Lim:

Anyone please help me?

For same lot size your subscriber needs a bit more balance (due to the 95% maximum participation percentage in signal copying) and the same or more leverage.

If tries other ways, it will only trading at higher risk and will destroy account eventually.

Dear Friend, Kindly guide me How to work after subscribing a signal , I have Subscribe Sahar 's Signal and I noted that he opens approximately 16 Trade at the same time. NO SL or TP is placed by him, Trades are open since last Friday, Today is 3rd day , He is not closing trade , I want to ask , He will close the trades manually or I have to interrupt and close these trades myself. Or I have to leave account for Him in all the way. Please guide.

Tanveer Ali:
Dear Friend, Kindly guide me How to work after subscribing a signal , I have Subscribe Sahar 's Signal and I noted that he opens approximately 16 Trade at the same time. NO SL or TP is placed by him, Trades are open since last Friday, Today is 3rd day , He is not closing trade , I want to ask , He will close the trades manually or I have to interrupt and close these trades myself. Or I have to leave account for Him in all the way. Please guide.

read the rules here https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules 
besides, you can also check about all the steps during the subscribing (together with VPS for example. It is for MT4 but same for MT5 as well - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:06

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Way to find signal in MT4 platform?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.23 12:49

You can use search on the top right corner of any page of the forum for example.

-------------------

As to finding the signal (any signal) by name in the Metatrader so you can use Metatrader's search feature as well, for example:

MT4 - 

MT5 - 

-------------------

Besides, I just collected some information (from MetaQuotes) which may help in some situation for example:

Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
The "Signals" section on MQL5.com is designed to monitor trading results and transmit trading signals based on buy/sell transactions performed in the trading account of the Signals Provider. The "Signals" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Signals...
Reason: