I'm new here, but would really appreciate if someone can advise me on something.
I'm subscribed to a signal provider and want to copy his exact lot sizes regardless of our account differences. I keep noticing that the lot size changes accordingly to the account fundings.
So my question is, is there a way I can copy his exact Lot Size regardless of the difference in our accounts? So if he places an order of 0.1 it places 0.1 in my account and not change it 0.6 cause my account is larger.
Would appreciate any advice.
I don't think that there is a straightforward way to accomplish that.
The only I can think of is to manually adjust the percentage of your account's participation (in Tools >> Options >> Signals tab), in order to keep the copy ratio between the 2 accounts to 100%.
Thanks for your reply Eleni,
I thought of that. The only Issue is if money is withdrawn or added to the signal provider account the ratios will go out of balance.
I'm shamsudeen not too old in the system, my questions goes as follow.
I've subscribed to a signal provider and want to improved the lots size trade, i have been noticing that the lot size change in such if he (signal provider) places an order of 0.1 it places 0.01 in my account despite i set 95% in the capital to be partake in the copy system , i like know if there is any way i can the freedom to set the lots size i wish to.
You are taking 1/10 of signal's positions, because you obviously have about the 1/10 in capital.
You can increase the lot size of your trades (search the market for that), but you will increase risk and DD as well and it's highly unadvisable.
Deal all, I need your expert advice right now.
My subscriber subscribe to my signals. And I'm trading in Martingale.
Our trade will starts from 0.01 and will go all the way up to 0.1. But my subscribers won't trade on the same lot size as me. They will stay on 0.01.
Anyone please help me?
There are two very small threads about it -
1. General information.How to change the volume/lot size (many posts)https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714
2. You or your subscriber can calculate lot size for example - How to Select a Deal Volume https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/215636
For same lot size your subscriber needs a bit more balance (due to the 95% maximum participation percentage in signal copying) and the same or more leverage.
If tries other ways, it will only trading at higher risk and will destroy account eventually.
read the rules here https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules besides, you can also check about all the steps during the subscribing (together with VPS for example. It is for MT4 but same for MT5 as well -
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:06
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Way to find signal in MT4 platform?
Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.23 12:49
You can use search on the top right corner of any page of the forum for example.
As to finding the signal (any signal) by name in the Metatrader so you can use Metatrader's search feature as well, for example:
Besides, I just collected some information (from MetaQuotes) which may help in some situation for example: