How does signals work?

Hi every body!

I am just wondering about the mechanism of copying the signals.If I copy someones' signal, are the signal provider's positions copied exactly as the same or it will be adjusted according to my balance size? for example I have 1000$ in my account and the signal provider has 100000$ in his account, if he risked only 1% (1000$) of his account my total balance would be in risk ?!!!

thanks

Touraj Amrabadi:

Hi every body!

I am just wondering about the mechanism of copying the signals.If I copy someones' signal, are the signal provider's positions copied exactly as the same or it will be adjusted according to my balance size? for example I have 1000$ in my account and the signal provider has 100000$ in his account, if he risked only 1% (1000$) of his account my total balance would be in risk ?!!!

thanks

The orders will be copied proportionally to your account, according to the copying ratio calculated on balances and leverages between the signal provider's account and yours.

If the signal provider is from a different country and signal copier is from the different country but the signal copier is on MQL5 VPS server (letting him to have lowest possible latency / ping from him to his broker server) can there still be a large scope for slippage ?

Please note :- i am well aware of slippage also that it can never be zero but what i am asking is can the scope of it be reduced ? If the signal subscriber is on MQL5 VPS (India) ? Despite the fact that Signal Provider is based from USA ? 

Please suggest
Thanking all in advance 

Yash Modak - #:
If the signal provider is from a different country and signal copier is from the different country but the signal copier is on MQL5 VPS server (letting him to have lowest possible latency / ping from him to his broker server) can there still be a large scope for slippage ?

Please note :- i am well aware of slippage also that it can never be zero but what i am asking is can the scope of it be reduced ? If the signal subscriber is on MQL5 VPS (India) ? Despite the fact that Signal Provider is based from USA ? 

Please suggest
Thanking all in advance 

Slippage has nothing to do with where you or the signal provider are located, not even where the brokers are located, it has to do with price different between the broker price feeds.

You can check the Slippage tab of the signal for the best broker/server setups for copying the specific signal, green and upper yellow values are best, lower yellow acceptable, orange and red are to be avoided.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Slippage has nothing to do with where you or the signal provider are located, not even where the brokers are located, it has to do with price different between the broker price feeds.

You can check the Slippage tab of the signal for the best broker/server setups for copying the specific signal, green and upper yellow values are best, lower yellow acceptable, orange and red are to be avoided.

Thank you for your reply
I got the slippage part but i still don't understand about the geographical difference issue for copy trading 

So can the difference of location ie me being in india and signal provider being in USA is not an issue as long as the slippage tab shows green or yellow ? 

Also does having MQL5 VPS can help me in improving the situation ? Like me getting subscribed to this service ? 

Please help
Thanking you in advance

Yash Modak - #:
Thank you for your reply
I got the slippage part but i still don't understand about the geographical difference issue for copy trading 

So can the difference of location ie me being in india and signal provider being in USA is not an issue as long as the slippage tab shows green or yellow ? 

Also does having MQL5 VPS can help me in improving the situation ? Like me getting subscribed to this service ? 

Please help
Thanking you in advance

Yes, because it is not you or the provider personally that does the copying of trades, it is done through you brokers and if them are closely located, slippage will be smaller.

For example I live in Greece and I use an Australian broker with servers in New York, so me being in Greece doesn't mean a thing, New York is the key.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, because it is not you or the provider personally that does the copying of trades, it is done through you brokers and if them are closely located, slippage will be smaller.

For example I live in Greece and I use an Australian broker with servers in New York, so me being in Greece doesn't mean a thing, New York is the key.
Oh alright i got it

Then it means we should only follow signal providers whose broker server is close to ours broken server to avoid major slippage and other issues right ? 

I mean not following someone who's account is on the other side of the world right ? 😂

Yash Modak - #:
Oh alright i got it

Then it means we should only follow signal providers whose broker server is close to ours broken server to avoid major slippage and other issues right ? 

I mean not following someone who's account is on the other side of the world right ? 😂

No, you should follow signals that your broker has good/acceptable slippage values in their slippage tab.

Sometimes brokers located quite far apart, have good slippage co-operation, distance is not always the problem, price feed and liquidity providers also play some part in this.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

No, you should follow signals that your broker has good/acceptable slippage values in their slippage tab.

Sometimes brokers located quite far apart, have good slippage co-operation, distance is not always the problem, price feed and liquidity providers also play some part in this.

Ohh that's so...
One last question please
What if my broker server is not mentioned on the slippage tab ? Then what should I do ? 

Please suggest

Yash Modak - #:
Ohh that's so...
One last question please
What if my broker server is not mentioned on the slippage tab ? Then what should I do ? 

Please suggest

Be cautious, you can try to see what is happening with a smaller participation percentage in Signals settings, much lower than the 95% maximum.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Be cautious, you can try to see what is happening with a smaller participation percentage in Signals settings, much lower than the 95% maximum.

Ok I got it
Thank you so much for your help and time
I really appreciate it a lot 
Thank you once again
Have a great time 😊
Reason: